The Helicopter Museum came alive with the sounds of “Action!” and “Cut!” last week as a small film crew recorded a number of scenes for their début feature using one of the more iconic aircraft in the museum’s vast collection. With the use of some clever lighting angles and a large Green Screen backdrop, the Museums ‘Huey’ helicopter literally took to the skies of Vietnam once more.
The Movie, ‘Shields Of Justice’ is a feature length comedy shot on location in the South West of England, written and conceived by independent film-makers – Tom Hutchings and Ben Tallamy. Drawing inspiration from many sources, the film is a pastiche of classic shows such as Dragnet and Starsky And Hutch. Lampooning the fast-paced snap-talk and over-the-top action that we now associate with the genre.
The Helicopter Museum has proven an extremely popular filming location of late. An episode of ‘The Antiques Road Trip’ that was filmed in the museum last Autumn is scheduled to be screened on BBC2 at the end of this month.
Photo Caption… On set with ‘Shields Of Justice’ From left to right……Co-Director Ben Tallamy, Museum Manager Lee Mills, Co-Director Tom Hutchings and Actor Duke Palmer.
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com
- Orange County Sheriff completes hoist training wtih AH+RT
- Belize Defence Force holds ceremony for two donated UH-1s
- Bell awarded $7M order for radar systems for UH-1Y and AH-1Z helicopters
- Colombian Air Force receives 7th Huey II upgrade kit
- Kenya to acquire five Huey IIs