L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has signed an agreement with L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair (COR) to open a WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC) in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Now fully operational, the facility provides customers in the United States with a 40,000-square-foot center equipped to maintain its MX™-Series of electro-optical and infrared imaging turrets.
“The addition of this Fort Lauderdale location further confirms our ongoing commitment to make the servicing and maintenance of WESCAM equipment easier for our customers,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “This will be our fourth service center in North America and our 14th center worldwide.”
“We are excited to be the latest WESCAM Authorized Service Center and are committed to fully supporting WESCAM and its customers with quality repairs and responsive turnaround times,” said Donna Himschoot, operations manager for L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair. “As an important part of the L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) in-service support center of excellence within the L-3 Aviation Products sector, we will leverage our expertise and resources to be a highly reliable repair and overhaul center for WESCAM’s products.”
Deployed in close proximity to L-3 WESCAM’s customers, other strategically located facilities can be found throughout the U.K., Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Ecuador, Jordan, USA and Canada. Three more WASCs are scheduled to open within the next 24 months.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) is a division of the L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector. L-3 AP is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. To learn more about L-3 Aviation Products, please visit www.L-3com.com/aviationproducts.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Hinks Awarded Patent for Negative Spring Compensation
- VHA Receives FAA STC for 206L LongRanger Main Blades
- Boeing completes autonomous synchronised flight tests
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Rotortrade partners with Gualter Helicopter Brazil
- CHC Brasil Holds Regional Safety and Quality Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident