The Peruvian Ministry of the Interior have ordered four Eurocopter EC145s from local distributor Eurocopter Cono Sur (located in Chile). Contract value is 93,718,765 Nuevo Sol (approx $36.8M), and the contract requires all four to be delivered by 20th December 2013. The helicopters will be used to provide a range of law enforcement roles in the cities of Lima and Callao.
Local reports indicate that the EC145 was chosen over the Bell 429, primarily on price and delivery availability. Although the calculations have not been detailed, Eurocopter’s proposal scored 82.48 points and Bell significantly lower at 64.05 points. No other models were considered.
The four new aircraft will replace two Bo105s and two BK117s, which currently make up the majority of the active rotary-wing Police fleet – the others being three Mi-17s. The Peruvian National Police also operate nine fixed wing aircraft.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175