We are pleased to announce that David Carr has accepted the position of Safety Director for Med-Trans Corporation (MTC), beginning his position Feb. 14th. Mr. Carr is a proven safety professional and leader in the aviation industry, having earned numerous safety-related awards and certifications.
Prior to joining the Med-Trans Leadership team, Mr. Carr served as a Director of Risk Management & Safety for CareFlite in Dallas, where he created and implemented a Safety Management System and integrated a structured “Just Culture” program. David has considerable experience as an Aviation Consultant and previously served as a Director of Safety and Security for a large aviation firm. David has also held the position of commercial pilot for a major carrier and has amassed more than 6,600 multi-engine and rotor-wing flight hours.
Mr. Carr proudly served in the United States Army for more than 20 years, retiring in May 2005 as an Executive Officer where he was supervising more than 500 military team members and 32 aircraft operating in three states. He was awarded four Meritorious Service Medals, three Commendation Medals, two National Defense Service Medals and a U.S. Army Master Aviator Badge.
Rob Hamilton, COO stated, “We are pleased to announce that David Carr has joined our team. David is a recognized leader in the aviation industry and has a tremendous performance record of implementing and overseeing successful aviation safety management systems. David will lead all aviation safety related topics for our organization and will be a valuable resource for the industry as a whole.”
Mr. Carr earned his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. He attended the U.S. Army Military Police School, U.S. Army Flight School, U.S. Army Aviation Safety Course and DHS Federal Flight Deck Officer Course. David completed the NTSB Accident Investigation Course, NTSB Human Factors in Accident Investigation Course and the Transportation Safety Institute Safety Management Systems Course.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of emergency air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. For additional corporate information, please visit: www.med-trans.net
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command