We are pleased to announce that David Carr has accepted the position of Safety Director for Med-Trans Corporation (MTC), beginning his position Feb. 14th. Mr. Carr is a proven safety professional and leader in the aviation industry, having earned numerous safety-related awards and certifications.
Prior to joining the Med-Trans Leadership team, Mr. Carr served as a Director of Risk Management & Safety for CareFlite in Dallas, where he created and implemented a Safety Management System and integrated a structured “Just Culture” program. David has considerable experience as an Aviation Consultant and previously served as a Director of Safety and Security for a large aviation firm. David has also held the position of commercial pilot for a major carrier and has amassed more than 6,600 multi-engine and rotor-wing flight hours.
Mr. Carr proudly served in the United States Army for more than 20 years, retiring in May 2005 as an Executive Officer where he was supervising more than 500 military team members and 32 aircraft operating in three states. He was awarded four Meritorious Service Medals, three Commendation Medals, two National Defense Service Medals and a U.S. Army Master Aviator Badge.
Rob Hamilton, COO stated, “We are pleased to announce that David Carr has joined our team. David is a recognized leader in the aviation industry and has a tremendous performance record of implementing and overseeing successful aviation safety management systems. David will lead all aviation safety related topics for our organization and will be a valuable resource for the industry as a whole.”
Mr. Carr earned his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. He attended the U.S. Army Military Police School, U.S. Army Flight School, U.S. Army Aviation Safety Course and DHS Federal Flight Deck Officer Course. David completed the NTSB Accident Investigation Course, NTSB Human Factors in Accident Investigation Course and the Transportation Safety Institute Safety Management Systems Course.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of emergency air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. For additional corporate information, please visit: www.med-trans.net
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s