We are pleased to announce that David Carr has accepted the position of Safety Director for Med-Trans Corporation (MTC), beginning his position Feb. 14th. Mr. Carr is a proven safety professional and leader in the aviation industry, having earned numerous safety-related awards and certifications.
Prior to joining the Med-Trans Leadership team, Mr. Carr served as a Director of Risk Management & Safety for CareFlite in Dallas, where he created and implemented a Safety Management System and integrated a structured “Just Culture” program. David has considerable experience as an Aviation Consultant and previously served as a Director of Safety and Security for a large aviation firm. David has also held the position of commercial pilot for a major carrier and has amassed more than 6,600 multi-engine and rotor-wing flight hours.
Mr. Carr proudly served in the United States Army for more than 20 years, retiring in May 2005 as an Executive Officer where he was supervising more than 500 military team members and 32 aircraft operating in three states. He was awarded four Meritorious Service Medals, three Commendation Medals, two National Defense Service Medals and a U.S. Army Master Aviator Badge.
Rob Hamilton, COO stated, “We are pleased to announce that David Carr has joined our team. David is a recognized leader in the aviation industry and has a tremendous performance record of implementing and overseeing successful aviation safety management systems. David will lead all aviation safety related topics for our organization and will be a valuable resource for the industry as a whole.”
Mr. Carr earned his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. He attended the U.S. Army Military Police School, U.S. Army Flight School, U.S. Army Aviation Safety Course and DHS Federal Flight Deck Officer Course. David completed the NTSB Accident Investigation Course, NTSB Human Factors in Accident Investigation Course and the Transportation Safety Institute Safety Management Systems Course.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of emergency air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. For additional corporate information, please visit: www.med-trans.net
- Bell awarded patent for tiltrotor aircraft having pillow block mounted pylon assemblies
- Boeing awarded patent for noise reducing profile for rotor blade tracking wedges
- RJ Helicopter awarded patent for deflection cone in a reaction drive helicopter
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system