We are pleased to announce that David Carr has accepted the position of Safety Director for Med-Trans Corporation (MTC), beginning his position Feb. 14th. Mr. Carr is a proven safety professional and leader in the aviation industry, having earned numerous safety-related awards and certifications.
Prior to joining the Med-Trans Leadership team, Mr. Carr served as a Director of Risk Management & Safety for CareFlite in Dallas, where he created and implemented a Safety Management System and integrated a structured “Just Culture” program. David has considerable experience as an Aviation Consultant and previously served as a Director of Safety and Security for a large aviation firm. David has also held the position of commercial pilot for a major carrier and has amassed more than 6,600 multi-engine and rotor-wing flight hours.
Mr. Carr proudly served in the United States Army for more than 20 years, retiring in May 2005 as an Executive Officer where he was supervising more than 500 military team members and 32 aircraft operating in three states. He was awarded four Meritorious Service Medals, three Commendation Medals, two National Defense Service Medals and a U.S. Army Master Aviator Badge.
Rob Hamilton, COO stated, “We are pleased to announce that David Carr has joined our team. David is a recognized leader in the aviation industry and has a tremendous performance record of implementing and overseeing successful aviation safety management systems. David will lead all aviation safety related topics for our organization and will be a valuable resource for the industry as a whole.”
Mr. Carr earned his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. He attended the U.S. Army Military Police School, U.S. Army Flight School, U.S. Army Aviation Safety Course and DHS Federal Flight Deck Officer Course. David completed the NTSB Accident Investigation Course, NTSB Human Factors in Accident Investigation Course and the Transportation Safety Institute Safety Management Systems Course.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of emergency air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. For additional corporate information, please visit: www.med-trans.net
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s