AAR (NYSE: AIR) is showcasing its diverse products, services and capabilities for helicopter manufacturers and operators at the Heli-Expo, 2013 trade show March 4-7 in Las Vegas.
Widely recognized for its support of fixed-wing aircraft, AAR is focusing on the rotary-wing market during Heli-Expo, the world’s largest helicopter trade show and exposition. AAR’s exhibition showcases the Company’s broad array of capabilities that range from machining and fabrication to modifications and aftermarket support. AAR’s presence at Heli-Expo is anchored by the Company’s Airlift division, which serves as the No. 1 independent provider of expeditionary airlift in Afghanistan.
“AAR has nearly 60 years of experience helping manufacturers and operators of all types of aircraft achieve more with less,” said Timothy J. Romenesko, AAR’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “Our businesses have extensive technical knowledge and experience designing custom solutions for the rotorcraft market and, as an operator of helicopters in harsh and remote environments; we have developed programs and processes that enhance readiness, reliability and asset utilization.”
AAR’s diverse capabilities for rotorcraft manufacturers and operators include:
- Supply chain and logistics support
- Component repair and overhaul
- Parts and distribution
- Maintenance and modifications
- Engineering and technical support
- Cargo handling systems
- Precision machined components
- Composite materials and structures
- Shelters, containers and pallets
- First-response communications systems
AAR was named the Best Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Provider in the Americas, Aircraft Parts Supplier of the Year and is ranked among the Top 100 Defense Contractors in the world.
AAR is a global aerospace and defense contractor that employs more than 6,000 people in 17 countries. Based in Wood Dale, Illinois, AAR supports commercial, government and defense customers through two operating segments: Aviation Services and Technology Products. AAR’s services include inventory management and parts distribution; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; and expeditionary airlift. AAR’s products include cargo systems and containers; mobility systems and shelters; advanced aerostructures; and command and control systems. More information can be found at www.aarcorp.com.
- RUAG named Authorised Service Centre for the AW139 by Leonardo
- Heli-One Poland Receives EASA Approval for Leonardo AW139 Base Maintenance
- Rockwell Collins now providing automated check-in for Falcon Aviation
- Satcom Direct SD completes its acquisition of TrueNorth Avionics
- Unmanned Safety Institute Training Programs Educate Law Enforcement on Drone Activity
- Med-Trans Bases First Air Ambulance Helicopter in Baldwin County
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- Rockwell Collins to provide sand and dust storm forecast for aviation operators
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Marenco Swisshelicopter appoints new CEO as founder leaves
- Wessex Helicopter Restoration goes on Display
- Bristow to present two Energy Conferences
- Sloane Helicopters appoints new Robinson Sales Manager
- Bristow Academy’s Gerald Marchal Wins AMT Next Gen Award
- Helijet air ambulance service resumes at all hospital heliports in B.C.
- HNZ Group announces joint venture in Australia to support INPEX contract
- Milestone Names Daniel Rosenthal President and CEO
- Erickson Inc. Receives Final Court Approval of DIP Financing Facility
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Safran activates fully-automated helicopter engine turbine blade production line