Northern Health, working with the British Columbia Ambulance Service (BCAS), has engaged a third party facilitator to lead a review of the case for a helipad near the Fort St. John Hospital.
At present, some patients are brought by helicopter from remote locations directly to the Fort St. John Airport. They are then moved by ground ambulance to the new Fort St. John Hospital, or transferred by fixed-wing aircraft to another hospital. This practice will be reviewed, as will options for a helipad at or near the hospital.
Northern Health has appointed an independent facilitator to oversee and manage the review process. David Marshall, Executive Director of the Fraser Basin Council, will work with a committee of representatives from the following organizations: Northern Health, BCAS, the City of Fort St. John, the Peace River Regional District, Energy Services BC and the Fort St. John Petroleum Association.
The committee will explore and assess options for locating a helipad at or near the hospital, and also consider the option of continuing with current practice. The committee will take the following steps:
• Seek the advice of experts as requested by the committee members;
• Identify and assess the merits, feasibility and cost implications of various options for a helipad location at or near the hospital;
• Assess the merits, feasibility and cost implications of continuing with the current practice of landing at the airport; and;
• Provide a recommendation to Northern Health on the preferred option.
It is expected that the committee will present its report to Northern Health in the spring.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet