Yellowhead Helicopters’ AS350 B3e will be based in Valemount, British Columbia, one of many bases situated in Alberta and British Columbia. The aircraft will be delivered in December 2013 and will be used for heliski Operations at the Mike Wiegele world class Heli-sking destination for helicopter skiing, located in Blue River, BC.
“The Ecureuil family of helicopters has the proven performance and versatility that our customers require,” said Mr. Jacob Forman, General Manager, Yellowhead Helicopters Limited. “The procurement of the AS350 B3e will undoubtedly enhance our mission capabilities.”
Yellowhead Helicopters currently operate an Ecureuil fleet of nine helicopters. Their aircraft support a variety of missions including; forestry, mining, on shore oil and gas, seismic, pipeline, utility and tourism as well as, emergency services.
“With the steadfast popularity of the AS350 B3e in the Canadian market, Yellowhead Helicopters’ decision to add an additional member of the Ecureuil family to their fleet confirms its reputation as the reference in single engine helicopters” said Mr. Romain Trapp, President & CEO, ECL. “We are pleased with Yellowhead Helicopters’ decision to grow their fleet with Eurocopter and we look forward to continuing to support their operations.”
Yellowhead Helicopters has chosen a variety of Eurocopter optional equipment for the AS350 B3e. The aircraft will be equipped with a Longline Window, Litter Kit, complete Utility Configuration and Dual Hydraulics for enhanced safety.
The high-performance member of the Ecureuil family, the single engine AS350 B3e excels in harsh conditions and very high altitudes in respect to overall performance, versatility, safety and competitive acquisition and maintenance costs.
The AS350 B3e is powered with a Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine including a new generation dual digital engine control system (FADEC), backed up with an independent control system for automatic start-up sequences and care-free engine handling. This modern engine has increased reliability and is fitted with an Engine Data Recorder.
About Yellowhead Helicopters Limited
Yellowhead Helicopters is a privately held Canadian company that has been providing commercial helicopter solutions to the public, industry and government since 1975. From bases strategically located throughout B.C. and Alberta, they have supported various industries for over 35 years. Through well-planned growth, Yellowhead has continued to renew and update their services and equipment in order to keep pace with the ever-changing demands of the industries they support.
About ECL & Eurocopter Group
Eurocopter Canada Limited (www.eurocopter.ca) is a subsidiary of Eurocopter. Eurocopter Canada based in Fort Erie, Ontario since 1984, has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec and a support and customer service network that spans the entire country. Established in 1992, the Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska