Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
"The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost," stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, "a clear example of Shadin's commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity."
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin's family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- The Milestone Aviation Group Limited Announces Proposed Private Offering of $350 Million of Senior Unsecured Notes
- Bell Helicopter Delivers First Bell 429 to the New York Police Department
- HeliHub.com launches Facebook fan page for Bell 505 JetRanger X
- HeliHub.com launches Facebook fan page for Bell 525 Relentless
- South Carolina National Guard moves into new hangar
- Indian Dhruv accident – should an independent organisation check the FDR?
- Gulf Helicopters take delivery of two AW189s
- R66 production slows, pushing lead time to six months
- Iraq – $500M contract for Helicopter Sustainment Support
- Tunisia requests 12 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bristow Celebrates First Anniversary of Search and Rescue in Northern Scotland
- Women in Aviation, International Significantly Expands its Youth Outreach
- A Lot of Energy at the HAI HELI-CENTER
- Boeing Delivers First U.S. Army Multiyear II Configured Chinook
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Italian Prosecutor halts investigations into Finmeccanica over Indian AW101 contract
- PRISM Reaches Rotor Wing Subscriber Milestone
- CTS Releases Bell 407GX Recurrent Training
- SmartPilot.ca – A Year After Launch – Great Results and More!
- New partners at Stellar Heliskiing