Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- RUAG named Authorised Service Centre for the AW139 by Leonardo
- Heli-One Poland Receives EASA Approval for Leonardo AW139 Base Maintenance
- Rockwell Collins now providing automated check-in for Falcon Aviation
- Satcom Direct SD completes its acquisition of TrueNorth Avionics
- Unmanned Safety Institute Training Programs Educate Law Enforcement on Drone Activity
- Med-Trans Bases First Air Ambulance Helicopter in Baldwin County
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- Rockwell Collins to provide sand and dust storm forecast for aviation operators
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Marenco Swisshelicopter appoints new CEO as founder leaves
- Wessex Helicopter Restoration goes on Display
- Bristow to present two Energy Conferences
- Sloane Helicopters appoints new Robinson Sales Manager
- Bristow Academy’s Gerald Marchal Wins AMT Next Gen Award
- Helijet air ambulance service resumes at all hospital heliports in B.C.
- HNZ Group announces joint venture in Australia to support INPEX contract
- Milestone Names Daniel Rosenthal President and CEO
- Erickson Inc. Receives Final Court Approval of DIP Financing Facility
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Safran activates fully-automated helicopter engine turbine blade production line