Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- Heli UK Expo promotes Helicopter Seminar Series
- Guimbal ships the 100th Cabri
- Bell sells first 429 with Mecaer interior
- Aviation Maintainer Receives NHA Award Sponsored By Breeze-Eastern
- SkyTrac Chooses AEM for Repairs
- Airbus Helicopters to show six models at Paris Air Show 2015
- EagleMed to Fly Bell 407 in WSU Shocker Colors
- WAI recieves $10K grant from UPS Foundation
- Bell 407GXP production line to be set up in Russia
- Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance marks 25 years
- Georgia unveils new unmanned attack helicopter
- Bond pilots sue Airbus over 2012 EC225 ditching
- Faroe Islands Carrier Atlantic Airways buys Two AW139s
- Amsterdam Hospital Helipad Permit Expired; Officials Forgot Renewal
- Sikorsky S-97 Raider flies for first time
- SECA changes its name to Vector Aerospace France
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Receives Biggest Ever Donation
- Bell launch 505 to Russian market
- Russian Helicopters concludes Mi-171A2 flying laboratory flight tests
- Bristow UK holds topping out ceremony for new SAR hangar at Newquay