Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- AgustaWestland prepare for 7,000kg gross weight AW139
- Curtiss-Wright wins UH-60V Cockpit Digitization Upgrade contract
- Bell to Showcase the Latest in Armed Rotorcraft at Expodefensa
- New York Army National Guard Aviators Move Up to CH-47 Foxtrot Model
- SD National Guard fielding new medevac helicopters
- Era Group Inc. Announces Organizational Realignment
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Aerial Firefighters Winding Down An Active Western Wildfire Season
- Bristow Group To Present At The Jefferies 2014 Global Energy Conference
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance launches Bell 429 to the community
- Helitech visitors down 55% from 2013 to 2014
- Helitech International delivers a successful Amsterdam debut
- Spanish Air Force celebrates 50,000 hours on S-76C fleet
- Bristow ramp up SAR S92 fleet in readiness for national UK contract
- Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s
- US Coast Guard to move SAR helicopter from John’s Island
- Jack Harter Helicopters suing Pacific Helicopter Tours
- HAI at ALEA Canadian Region Safety Seminar
- Garmin introduces New Cost-Effective ADS-B Solution for GA
- Bristow Group: Strong Growth Potential Ahead