Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- Bell 525 Relentless Makes Successful First Flight
- Bristow Academy Awards First Annual Scholarship
- Bundaberg council delays Bargara helipad decision for third time
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Retired UK helicopter pilot took £20K from Old Boys’ club
- Egypt apparently acquiring NH90 for FREMM frigate
- Global Military Helicopter Market – Strategic Outlook to 2025
- ATSB Commissioner reappointed
- Helicopter New York City funds meals for Manhattan homeless
- Register Update – Canada – June 2015
- Bristow starts UK SAR operations from Caernarfon and Lydd
- Government of Bhutan selects Airbus H130
- Lynn Tilton loses bid to block SEC fraud case
- Mesa Police adds new MD530F to fleet
- Helicopter services start from Ghangaria to Hemkund Saheb shrine
- Sutter Medical Center staff train on new helistop
- Australian NH90s having startup/shutdown problems in windy conditions
- Cal Fire gets new firefighting helicopter
- Shell extends Caverton contract with six AW139s
- M2 Services Corp awarded $9.6M contract modification for Fort Hood helicopter support