Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
"The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost," stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, "a clear example of Shadin's commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity."
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin's family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M modification to TH-57 support contract
- Poland says to speed up attack helicopter purchase due to Ukraine crisis
- Budgets, Not Tech, May Delay US Army’s Next Rotorcraft
- UK – Helipad upgrade at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital welcomed
- Australia – Mannum hospital helipad plans unclear
- Huey Helicopter Museum opens in Australia
- Basta Holdings and Heliflight Peru signs LOI for leasing JV
- Robots Moving Robots: Lockheed Martin Conducts First Fully Autonomous Mission
- CGX Energy contracts with Bristow Helicopters in Guyana
- Breeze-Eastern Announces New Product Innovation Center and Reorganization
- Medics fear new hospital helipad as 14-storey drop puts staff on edge
- Caboolture Warplane Museum adds an Iroquois helicopter to its collection
- UK – Scillies service could resume in 2016 with AW189s
- USFS Vendor Summit Meeting, Boise, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1
- Maintenance Test Pilot Mike Thornton Retiring after 10 years at Vector Aerospace
- Feds Join Whistleblower Case Against Sikorsky
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2014
- Bell/Boeing awarded $15.1M contract modification for V-22 parts
- Over 500 attend public meetings over New York helicopter noise
- Rural Helipad Plan Stirs Controversy in Virginia