Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- HMH-366 Marine earns the Danny L. Radish award for 2014
- Police Helicopter Relocation Under Review Again
- Decorated Helicopter Rescue Pilot visits Museum
- Waypoint Leasing Closes $85 Million Term Loan Facility
- Singapore – Amur Finance buys Lloyd Helicopters
- First unit fields Apache-Shadow combo
- UM Rosenstiel School Unveils New Research Helicopter Platform
- AAMS announces 2015 Excellence in Community Service Award Recipient
- CEO Urges Inclusion, Engagement, Accountability In Keynote at 11th-Annual CHC Safety & Quality Summit
- US Navy hoping to buy V-22 Osprey fleet of 44
- Airbus Helicopters rejects bribery allegations in Greek NH-90 deal
- AGC AeroComposites to produce Armament Support System for the US Army MH-60M fleet
- Vector to perform G check and 12-year on one LA Sheriff Super Puma
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Lobo Leasing and SFS Aviation Enter Sale-Leaseback Agreement
- FAA Streamlines UAS COAs for Section 333
- Go from Military to Civilian with HAI at Quad-A 2015
- Airbus Helicopters to exhibit at The Elite London
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Bristow Leads in New TiltRotor Technology