Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- Demand Identified for a Four Seat Cabri, Says Bruno Guimbal
- Vector Aerospace and San Bernardino County Sheriff Sign MRO Agreement
- Turbomeca and Rotortrade launch worldwide warranty program for pre-owned engines
- Turbomeca enriches its engine warranty conditions through the new Turbomeca Care Program
- North Slope Borough Signs for S-92
- Technisonic delivers first dual-transceiver fully-compliant P25 radio
- Vector Aerospace and Helisul Signs M250® MRO Contract
- Ensrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Vector Aerospace and Miami Dade Police sign AS350 Component MRO Contract
- Rolls-Royce, Composite helicopters sign RR300 MOU
- Rolls-Royce and Alpine Helicopters extend Fleet Operator Agreement
- Cadorath Distribution Strengthens MoreUPtime Support
- Bristow increases H175 order to seventeen helicopters
- Trinidad and Tobago orders four 429s and one 412EPI
- Microturbo and Bel Air Aviation sign SBH Agreement for AW189 e-APU60
- CHC Global Head of Aviation Financing to Join Waypoint
- Tuncang Investment Co Appointed Distributor for SW-4 in China
- Shizuoka Air Commuter orders Grandnew EMS Toyama Prefecture
- MIT Group to Operate Six AW119Kx EMS Helicopters in China
- AgustaWestland sells four helicopters into European Corporate Market