Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters
- CAE USA wins Army contract to provide rotary-wing flight training instructor support services
- Night-Lit Emergency Helicopter Landing Sites Programme Reaches Phase II
- Department of Health of Puerto Rico Selects the Bell 429
- Prince William to Resign from East Anglian Air Ambulance
- NYPD Win Approval for S-76D to Fly State Governor
- Arrow Aviation Restores Iconic Eagle One Helicopter
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit 2017 calls for papers
- Wirestrike warning for pilots
- Russian Northern Fleet Starts Ka27M Training
- First Flight for New Simrik Air 407 GXP
- Nigerian Air Force Receives First Mi35M Delivery
- UK – Heli Charter is no longer a Bell CSF
- Bell training centre in Spain now certified and open for business
- Babcock Mission Critical Services Onshore orders two H135s for UK windfarm contract
- Waypoint leases Airbus H225 to GHS for ops in Africa