Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
"The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost," stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, "a clear example of Shadin's commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity."
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin's family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- New Report: Air Methods – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Now in black: DART’s ultra-resistant Floor Protectors
- DART’s new interference-proof Tail Rotor Pedal Lockout
- DART Tough Corrosion-Resistant Engine Mounts
- Enstrom Helicopter STC Approved for Aspen Display Retrofit
- Go Light – the new cockpit invention set to improve aviation safety?
- Georgia State Patrol Expands Bell Helicopter Fleet at ALEA 2014
- Bell Helicopter Selected by the San Diego County Sheriff’s Office for a Bell 407GX
- Garmin Pilot goes global
- Bristow Certified to Fly AgustaWestland AW189
- Phoenix Heli-Flight unveils new EC135T2e
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance receive £75,000 donation
- Flight & Duty Tracker™ updates website; Continues to expand customer base
- Loss of situational awareness and control likely caused fatal 2013 Manitoba JetRanger accident
- UTair technicians are first to receive EC175 maintenance training
- Phoenix Heliparts expands online store with Timken replacement parts
- Advanced Helicopter Services to maintain Sacramento OH-58s
- Thales Helicopter Training Centre receives EASA qualification and starts operations
- ExecuJet Africa expands helicopter charter fleet
- Airbus Helicopters Inc partners with Precision Aviation Services and Government Capital Corp