Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Heli-One to upgrade two VVIP Sikorsky S76B helicopters
- Mecaer Aviation Group Signs Brazilian Agent
- New President named at CMC Electronics
- NARA raises $35,000 scholarship fund
- Dart expands Approved Maintenance Center into Australia and NZ
- Maverick Helicopters wins Best Air Tour award for 7th year running
- Mobile Critical Care Unit to help with Nova Scotia LifeFlight helipad Issue
- Avlite Systems Announces Complete Heliport Solution Brochure
- CybAero performs test campaign from Swedish Navy corvette
- Kamov Ka62 makes first flight
- Register Update – Switzerland – April 2016
- EASA issue Emergency AD for EC225
- Irish Coast Guard reaches landmark 10,000 flight hours on S92 fleet
- SAFE aligns with Next Stage Engineering
- Bell wins first 505 customer in Sri Lanka
- Sikorsky conducts Combat Rescue Helicopter preliminary design review
- Norwegian Investigator’s statement on EC225
- OIl & Gas UK statement on EC225
- CHC statement on EC225 accident
- UK AAIB statement on EC225