Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Heli-One showcases extensive MRO capabilities with new website
- FAA: Wildfires and Drones Don’t Mix
- Heli-Union adds third Cabri to training fleet
- Robinson Upgrades R66 Police Helicopter
- North Carolina helipad approved
- Heli-skiing plan divides Colorado neighbors
- Onboard Systems R66 cargo hook approved by FAA
- Fort Drum Kiowas make final flight
- Offshore Helicopter Leasing – an Existential Risk?
- Solo R22 pilot rescued after 32 hours on ice floe
- Australia accepts first EC135 for HATS training program
- HNZ appoints new VP/CFO
- NYSE warns CHC after share price dips below compliance level
- Air Methods tells markets it will miss Q2 revenue number
- Erickson announces date for FY2015 Q2 results
- Pawan Hans seeks guarantee from Odisha government
- Solo R22 round-the-world missing
- New dynamic testing method at Airbus brings helicopters to market quickly
- PerriQuest Unveils Solution to Aircraft Laser Attacks
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot retires after 23 years and over 7,000 missions