Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Bell Boeing awarded $80M delivery order for V-22 work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Airbus delivers first H175 to Americas
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- FAA certifies 407GX Flight Training Device at Metro Aviation training centre
- Oceania Aviation earns EASA Part 145 certification
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Collaboration for Safety Wins Award
- Precision Aviation Group announces four key appointments
- NHV starts H175 operations out of Denmark
- Boeing Delivers AH-64E Training System to South Korea
- Life Force One Has New Base In Tennessee
- Nigeria – Caverton expects H1 profit to be substantially down
- Life Link III expanding with new Minnesota base
- Register Update – USA – week to 21 August 2016
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival