Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- AW169 testing continues with loadlifting in Big Bear Valley
- CHC and Total collaborate to repel birds from offshore rigs
- HeliRussia 2016 to have specialized UAV area
- Frasca Bell 407 FTD Receives Level 7 Qualification
- AMOA, Airbus and Bell commit to crash resistant fuel systems
- Uber-for-helicopters startup Blade expands into jets
- Chinese operator signs for for firefighting Kamov Ka32s
- Bristow introduces self-checkin in Norway
- PhilJets works with GrabTaxi app to form GrabHeli
- Recently retired military chief summonsed over AW159 corruption allegations
- Houston County restarts EMS service with Air Evac Lifeteam
- Punjab Government VVIP choice is between Mi-17 and Bell 412
- Jakarta to Build Public Helipad in Thousand Islands
- Russian Helicopters hands over first Mi-8AMTSh to Russian Arctic forces
- First of two AW139s for Atlantic Airways now in flight test
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance submits outline plans for new base
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2015
- Philippine National Police to overhaul two R44s; EC145 purchase on hold
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work