Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Russia overcomes import dependence on helicopter engines
- ASU Obtains FAA Aviation Safety Inspector Training Contract
- Australian distributor appointed for Helifire Monsoon Buckets
- American Society of Appraisers appoints International VP
- Bristow Group appoints new Regional Director Americas
- Kratos win $9.4M Heli Maintenance Training Systems contract
- CH-47 Chinook Rear Crew Trainer reaches milestone
- HAI mourns former chairman
- Waypoint places two new S-92s
- Sikorsky factory in Poland completes prototype Turkish Utility Helicopter
- CH-53K King Stallion Achieves 27,000 Pound External Lift
- Busy Babcock create Aberdeen space by moving out three Super Pumas
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre and Gama Aviation name Fairoaks base manager
- Indonesian Air Force grounds Super Pumas
- First Photo – AW169 for Lincs Notts Air Ambulance in UK
- Rega becomes first European helicopter operator certified by CAMTS
- V-22 being tested as fixed-wing replacement for US Navy vertrep work
- STARS now carries blood for life-saving transfusions
- Singapore puts military order on ice after EC225 accident