Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Sul accepts second AW119Kx
- AW139 enters service with Carabineros de Chile
- Becker Avionics Announces New Sales Representative for Europe
- Jeppesen And Peters Software Team To Provide Instrument Helicopter Training In Europe
- Bristow Group Names Government Portfolio Director
- United Rotorcraft Receives Bell 429 Completion Contract
- AHS International Announces 2015 Special Awards Winners
- DynCorp renews Cal Fire support contract
- Sikorsky redesigns CH-53K main gear box
- Bristow to spend $1 billion on acquisitions
- North Sea – Shell to quit Scatsa airport and consolidate on Aberdeen
- Australia – Costa group donates $17,000 to helipad project
- New home at Victoria airport has helicopter unit flying high
- Conflict At Serbian Army Leadership Over Mi-17 Crash
- Construction begins on Brisbane campus to include AW139 simulator
- Korea to Commercialize Tilt-rotor Drone by 2023
- Transport Canada Certifies Sikorsky S-92® Rig Approach
- Boeing-Built CH-147F Maintenance Training Center Opens in Canada
- Garmin® Enhances New and Existing G500 and G600 Glass Flight Display Systems
- AeroVironment Receives FAA Section 333 Exemption For UAS Operations In The United States