Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Patent Granted to LBA for Portable Lightning Mast
- Erickson Secures Turkish Firefighting Contract
- Security Alliance to provide security and fire cover at Bell Amarillo plant
- HNZ announces new VP and CFO appointment
- Boeing takes Apache to Poland’s largest Defence Show
- Global Aerospace Market Trends and Forecast: 2014-2033
- Roseboro Town Board give green light to helipad project
- Theatre raises noise complaint over future helipad at Hobart hospital
- LifeStar becomes first in Connecticut to carry blood
- Unite union renews call for North Sea safety inquiry
- Rockwell Collins appoints VP of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Long-Term Demand for Helicopters Evolves
- Italy suspends licence of helicopter pilot who dropped flower petals on mafia funeral
- Pakistan signs for four Mi-35 Hind gunships
- Volusia County Mosquito Control adds new MD520N
- Mexico certifies Onboard Systems Bell 206L & 407 Cargo Hook Systems
- US Navy Demonstrates MQ-8C Fire Scout Endurance
- Russia certifies AW189
- Royal Thai Air Force receives four EC725s
- INAER puts H145 into service with SUEM 118 of Belluno