Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries Signs Sikorsky Deal
- Coast Guard Budgets for New Hangar
- National Grid moves to Robinson R44s for UK gas pipeline contract
- VNH Training Center receive the third Cabri G2 Helicopter
- Announcing M International’s $125,000.00 Accessory Cash Giveaway
- JETNET Attending 2017 HAI Heli-Expo
- Able Debuts Virtual Tours, Touchscreens at New Heli-Expo Booth
- Vector Aerospace leases five AS332L Super Puma helicopters to Starlite Aviation
- FAA Announces Aviation Safety Rating for Kenya
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- Ukrainian LCH KT122 – UOP Premiere at Idex 2017
- Dutch shipbuilder Damen launches superyacht support vessel with helipad and hangar
- Traverse City Coast Guard to Receive Fleet Upgrade
- Satellite Tracking for UTair Helicopter Services
- Los Angeles Police Dept order four airbus H125
- New Helicopter Tours Announced in Costa Rica
- KABC-TV Unveils State-of-the-art AIR7HD
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas
- Bell delivers first fully customized aircraft from Prague Facility
- Huangling Turns into a Golden Field of Seasonal Wonder as Spring Arrives