Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Sikorsky would like Helitech back at Duxford
- Rotorcraft industry debates helicopters v UAVs
- Downturn in Oil and Gas counterbalanced by growth in other sectors
- Two factors combine to make Bristow an undervalued company
- LCI finalises $200M long-term debt facilities
- Heli-One to prepare pair of S61s for Omni Taxi Aereo
- Heli-One Introduces Industry First Repair for AW139 Second Generation Exhaust Duct
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance prepares to launch new H135
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director, Visual Systems
- Donaldson joins unique environmental research program
- Airbus summarises their announcements at Helitech
- ASU appoints Specialist Aviation Services as NVG Service Center
- Waypoint to acquire 18 AgustaWestland helicopters
- Airbus Helicopters HCare Customer Service goes digital
- FAA Expands Unmanned Aircraft Pathfinder Efforts
- Heliservice International signs for first offshore AW169 in Europe
- PDG Helicopters receives H135 and signs for PBH Support Agreement
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Signs for H145
- Waypoint to acquire 20 Airbus H135
- Germany’s Agrarflug Helilift becomes Bell CSF