Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- NBAA2014 – Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition
- Minister Raitt launches national campaign on drone safety
- V1062 Heli-Carrier for wheeled helicopters operating on oil platforms
- Fort Bliss’ Flying Dragons getting drones to team with their attack helicopters
- Oceanport Trying To Limit Flights, Hours of Fort Monmouth Heliport
- Bushkill Township heliport hearing airs residents’ concerns, support
- Star Helicopters returns as proud helicopter ride operator at Wings, Wheels, Rotors & Expo
- Australian military reduces helicopter training at Oakey
- Oregon Congressional Delegation Asks for Six Month Delay in Newport Helicopter Base Closure
- ASA Teams Up With Embry-Riddle and JSSI to Provide Aviation Valuation Education in 2015
- Workhorse Battalion concludes CH-47F verification process
- 7 Technologies That Can Reduce Helicopter Accidents
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. showcases market-leading AS350B3e AStar helicopter for law enforcement at IACP 2014
- Helicopter Heroes series scoops top journalism award
- US Army orders another 17 Lakotas worth $82M
- Northrop Grumman awrded $7.9M contact for MV-22 EW upgrade
- Havelock Europa to provide Furniture Fittings and Equipment for new Bristow SAR bases
- Terna receives two AS350B3e to support Italy’s electricity grid
- Bristow Helicopters, Sebbecly Care Partner on Breast Cancer Control
- Airbus Helicopters Expects China To Become Its Biggest Market By 2020