Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- EASA Workshop on Crew Resource Management
- Able debuts 24-hour AOG support
- PCX Aerostructures Celebrates Manufacturing Milestone
- DCNS and Airbus Join forces to design French Navy Aerial Drone
- HELP Appeal provides £2M more for Hospital Helipads
- EASA to host Annual Safety Conference
- New HE-MRO centre will support Indian helicopter operators
- Activist Drone Shot Down at North Dakota Pipeline Site
- Progress for Valley Med Flight Hangar
- Leonardo confirms orders from Brazil for mulitiple AW169s
- Unmanned Aircraft Safety Team holds first meeting
- Lockheed Martin Announces FY2016 Q3 Earnings date
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- CH-53K King Stallion Passes Initial Operational Testing
- Multi Year Navy Contract for Aspen
- New Helicopter Company for Lloydminster
- NHV opens new facilities in Aberdeen
- Australia – Milestone to Lease AW139 to LifeFlight
- McNally Invests in Genesys Aerosystems
- Robinson R44 Cadet sales are very disappointing