Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Mercy Flight Western New York opens new facility
- Wisconsin – MedLink Air to trial second helicopter for six months
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Heli-Expo 2017 Housing Opens June 1
- RH Focus Corp expecting to represent Russian Helicopters in Korea
- Russia starts to export Ka52 and Mi-28NE
- HAI ensures helicopter views considered at ICAO panel meeting
- Falcon Aviation signs LOI for one H160
- New heliport proposed in Yonkers suburb of New York
- Russian CAA approves NHV maintenance facility
- Sloane Helicopters renews UK and Ireland Distributorship Agreement with Leonardo
- Oceania Aviation is attending AHIA Rotortech
- Safran Helicopter Engines opens Singapore facility
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AEM to provide Internal PA system for Indian Chinooks
- Avinco launches US subsidiary
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Russian Helicopters launches system to detect hidden rotor blade damage
- L-3 Link CH-47F Operational Flight Trainers released for training
- Mecaer announces US launch customer for 429 MAGnificent interior