Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
Shadin Avionics delivers ARINC 429 Converter to Sikorsky in 24 Days
- STARS raises over $1M in one event
- HAI Hosts Industry-Government Forum on Critical Issues
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Colorado Springs Police looks to restart air unit
- State police float Michigan-wide drone use
- ORNGE puts four air ambulances up for sale
- Helipad takes flight at Jackson South
- Montreal mulls heliport in downtown area
- All Metal MS delivers helicopter landing platform to Calstar
- Shimco to Attend Aero India 2015
- CAA reports on progress to improve safety of offshore helicopter operations
- FlightSafety appoints new Visual Systems VP
- Kazakh Internal Affairs Ministry Sues Eurocopter Kazakhstan
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- Trial Software Available to Automate Aerospace Industry Supply Chain Management
- South African AW139 selects FBO One operations software
- Australia removes flight crew licensing requirements for R22 and R44
- AHS runs 32st Annual Student Design Competition
- Border Guard Bangladesh to buy four helicopters
- UK – HQ Aviation add second R66