Shadin recently announced the successful delivery of a DO-178 Level A custom AIS-360 data converter less than 30 days after initial contact by the customer, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
Enabled by the Avionics Interface System (AIS) configurable converter platform, a working prototype of the ARINC 429 converter was installed on a Sikorsky helicopter within 48 hours of requirements definition. Shadin delivered black-label production units 22 days later, ultimately reducing lead time to the customer.
“The AIS platform combines technology modules, certification pedigree, design expertise and AS9100 manufacturing to solve problems quickly and with minimal cost,” stated Dan Nelson, CEO of Shadin Avionics, “a clear example of Shadin’s commitment to enhancing safety and performance through simplicity.”
The AIS-360 is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-380 analog, AIS-360 digital, AIS-450 synchro, AIS-460 military 1553 and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
About Shadin Avionics
Shadin is an acknowledged industry leader in providing world class data collection and data conversion products for all types of aircraft. Shadin Avionics specializes in the design, manufacture, support and distribution of Avionics Interface Systems (AIS), Fuel Flow Systems, Engine Trend Monitoring (ETM), Altitude Management Systems, Air Data Computers (ADC) and other instrumentation for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft for the military, general and corporate aviation markets. For more information, please visit www.shadin.com.
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS355to Hydro One Inc.
- City, County of San Diego reach nighttime helicopter agreement
- UK Corporate to start operating Bell 429
- Magpas HeliMedix not affected by Wyton closure
- Trinidad and Tobago Air Guard Reaches Key Training,Capability Milestones
- MQ-8B Fire Scout Flies off Coast Guard Ship for First Time
- Rockwell Collins awarded $420M ARC-210 radio contract by US Navy
- Pakistan – Helicopter tours launched in Karachi
- Global Commercial and Military Flight Simulation Industry
- Raytheon, Bell conduct first missile launch from V-22
- CD&R Completes Investment in CHC with third share purchase
- Aerolite’s dedicated lightweight EMS equipment for Aiut Alpin
- Helitech International previews 2014-8 civil helicopter deliveries
- Lufthansa to offer new helicopter service from Munich
- REACH Air Medical Services Recognizes Contributions of Long-Term Employees
- Bell Wraps Up a Successful Year of Maintainers and Operators’ Conferences
- Rega completes helicopter fleet upgrade to all-IFR
- Bluedrop Training & Simulation works closer with Allied Wings Consortium
- Avincis finalizes order for two EC135 T3s with Airbus Helicopters
- EASA approves Airbus Helicopters training and support in China