[electronic translation] Produced by Helibrás the Squirrel helicopter was selected to do the aerial images over the games in the 2014 World Cup Brazil style. In all, seven active aircraft (four AS350 B2, AS350 B3e and two AS350 B3) flying over stadiums and a reservation (AS350 B3e), all operated by Helisul, hired by a business partner of FIFA air taxi company to provide the service.
Of the eight helicopters used, four are new, delivered by Helibrás in recent weeks exclusively for the event. The others were manufactured between 2011 and 2014.
The model chosen, the Squirrel has between 48% and 54% domestic content and is manufactured in Brazil since 1978 in the city of Itajubá, Minas Gerais. To date, more than 600 units of the helicopter in its various versions were produced.
Lightweight Single-impeller, this helicopter carries five to six passengers and can perform different missions. Its simple, modern design was a differential of choice for the function in the Cup, while offering great comfort and better utilization due to low levels of noise and vibration. The Helisul also has approval for use of the equipment needed for filming coupled to the helicopter structure, ideal to cooperate with the work of the professionals involved.
The Helisul is a long-standing partnership of Helibrás and has fixed bases in the cities of Curitiba, Foz do Iguacu, Florianopolis and Rio de Janeiro. The Squirrel aircraft will operate in all rounds and World Cup matches until the grand final at the Maracana stadium (RJ), on July 13, which will be covering three helicopters simultaneously.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters