The Vietnam War was fought from the year 1955 until the Fall of Saigon in 1975. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, author H.D. Graham remembers the courageous men who served with their lives and braved the perils of this turbulent period in history.
Graham is a retired USAF E9 and has enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career before turning his attention to education. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, he brings together a collection of fascinating short stories, photos and documents furnished by men who had served as helicopter air or ground crew members in Vietnam.
“During the course of the war, we lost at least 5,139 helicopter air crew members and at least 588 ground support crew members. In fact, the true number of helicopter air and ground crew members killed or missing in action will probably never be known. Those crew members accounted for a large percentage of all the enemy killed during the war. Those courageous men were American heroes then and will always be American heroes,” Graham says.
This book is an invitation for others to recognize the sacrifices made by these real-life heroes. Richly drawn and deeply affecting, Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II not only lends a rare and intimate glimpse into an important episode in history, it demonstrates the true meaning of duty, sacrifice, courage and devotion.
About the Author
H.D. Graham is a retired USAF E9 and a retired educator. He enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career prior to turning his attention to education. During his career as an educator, he taught nearly twenty years, mostly at Harrisonville-Scipio Elementary School near Pomeroy, Ohio.
He traveled extensively while in the military and especially enjoyed the island nations and the people throughout the Pacific area and Southeast Asia. He has two bachelor’s degrees and a dual master’s degree. He had six brothers retired from the various branches of the armed forces. Between his brothers and himself, they accumulated more than 170 years of military service to the United States of America.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter