The Vietnam War was fought from the year 1955 until the Fall of Saigon in 1975. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, author H.D. Graham remembers the courageous men who served with their lives and braved the perils of this turbulent period in history.
Graham is a retired USAF E9 and has enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career before turning his attention to education. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, he brings together a collection of fascinating short stories, photos and documents furnished by men who had served as helicopter air or ground crew members in Vietnam.
“During the course of the war, we lost at least 5,139 helicopter air crew members and at least 588 ground support crew members. In fact, the true number of helicopter air and ground crew members killed or missing in action will probably never be known. Those crew members accounted for a large percentage of all the enemy killed during the war. Those courageous men were American heroes then and will always be American heroes,” Graham says.
This book is an invitation for others to recognize the sacrifices made by these real-life heroes. Richly drawn and deeply affecting, Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II not only lends a rare and intimate glimpse into an important episode in history, it demonstrates the true meaning of duty, sacrifice, courage and devotion.
About the Author
H.D. Graham is a retired USAF E9 and a retired educator. He enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career prior to turning his attention to education. During his career as an educator, he taught nearly twenty years, mostly at Harrisonville-Scipio Elementary School near Pomeroy, Ohio.
He traveled extensively while in the military and especially enjoyed the island nations and the people throughout the Pacific area and Southeast Asia. He has two bachelor’s degrees and a dual master’s degree. He had six brothers retired from the various branches of the armed forces. Between his brothers and himself, they accumulated more than 170 years of military service to the United States of America.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion