The Vietnam War was fought from the year 1955 until the Fall of Saigon in 1975. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, author H.D. Graham remembers the courageous men who served with their lives and braved the perils of this turbulent period in history.
Graham is a retired USAF E9 and has enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career before turning his attention to education. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, he brings together a collection of fascinating short stories, photos and documents furnished by men who had served as helicopter air or ground crew members in Vietnam.
“During the course of the war, we lost at least 5,139 helicopter air crew members and at least 588 ground support crew members. In fact, the true number of helicopter air and ground crew members killed or missing in action will probably never be known. Those crew members accounted for a large percentage of all the enemy killed during the war. Those courageous men were American heroes then and will always be American heroes,” Graham says.
This book is an invitation for others to recognize the sacrifices made by these real-life heroes. Richly drawn and deeply affecting, Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II not only lends a rare and intimate glimpse into an important episode in history, it demonstrates the true meaning of duty, sacrifice, courage and devotion.
About the Author
H.D. Graham is a retired USAF E9 and a retired educator. He enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career prior to turning his attention to education. During his career as an educator, he taught nearly twenty years, mostly at Harrisonville-Scipio Elementary School near Pomeroy, Ohio.
He traveled extensively while in the military and especially enjoyed the island nations and the people throughout the Pacific area and Southeast Asia. He has two bachelor’s degrees and a dual master’s degree. He had six brothers retired from the various branches of the armed forces. Between his brothers and himself, they accumulated more than 170 years of military service to the United States of America.
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s