The Vietnam War was fought from the year 1955 until the Fall of Saigon in 1975. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, author H.D. Graham remembers the courageous men who served with their lives and braved the perils of this turbulent period in history.
Graham is a retired USAF E9 and has enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career before turning his attention to education. In Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II, he brings together a collection of fascinating short stories, photos and documents furnished by men who had served as helicopter air or ground crew members in Vietnam.
“During the course of the war, we lost at least 5,139 helicopter air crew members and at least 588 ground support crew members. In fact, the true number of helicopter air and ground crew members killed or missing in action will probably never be known. Those crew members accounted for a large percentage of all the enemy killed during the war. Those courageous men were American heroes then and will always be American heroes,” Graham says.
This book is an invitation for others to recognize the sacrifices made by these real-life heroes. Richly drawn and deeply affecting, Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Stories Volume II not only lends a rare and intimate glimpse into an important episode in history, it demonstrates the true meaning of duty, sacrifice, courage and devotion.
About the Author
H.D. Graham is a retired USAF E9 and a retired educator. He enjoyed a distinguished and exciting military career prior to turning his attention to education. During his career as an educator, he taught nearly twenty years, mostly at Harrisonville-Scipio Elementary School near Pomeroy, Ohio.
He traveled extensively while in the military and especially enjoyed the island nations and the people throughout the Pacific area and Southeast Asia. He has two bachelor’s degrees and a dual master’s degree. He had six brothers retired from the various branches of the armed forces. Between his brothers and himself, they accumulated more than 170 years of military service to the United States of America.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd