Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced its Aeronautical AccessoriesTM brand is now a distributor of a Donaldson Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) for the Bell 407/407GX product lines.
The IVF filter helps prevent erosion of the engine impeller. The IVF draws in contaminated air above 96 percent N1 (high and hot performance conditions) and provides 99 percent separation efficiency, thereby eliminating any erosion of the compressor blades at the inducer slot. Reducing wear and tear on the compressor also helps to lower engine inspection and maintenance costs and extends time between overhauls.
When installed with the Donaldson inlet barrier filter (IBF), the IVF provides complete engine inlet protection. IVF installation has been endorsed by Rolls-Royce, the engine manufacturer of the M250 engine powering the Bell 407 and Bell 407GX. The filter easily fits any combination of airframe inlet and engine cowl assemblies (aluminum and composite).
“The addition of the Donaldson Filtration Solutions Inducer Vent Filter is a welcome addition to our growing filter and filtration kits offerings,” said Jennifer Lunceford, manager, Sales for Aeronautical Accessories. “Collaborating with an innovator such as Donaldson provides our customers yet another option to help protect their engine and reduce direct maintenance costs.”
About the Aeronautical Accessories brand
Aeronautical Accessories is a Bell Helicopter brand dedicated to offering advanced helicopter parts and accessories for all rotorcraft makes and models through Bell Helicopter’s worldwide network. The brand currently offers more that 4,000 unique part numbers and 375 supplemental type certificates (STCs).
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point