Earlier this year, BBA Aviation companies Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation announced the award of new Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) appointments from Pratt & Whitney Canada for several turboshaft engine models in support of helicopter operators. Today, the companies provided further information on their plans to expand their global support for the rotorcraft market and announced the sites for their coming rotorcraft centers of excellence.
“The Pratt &Whitney Canada designations we received earlier this year for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine families are a central component in our strategy to becoming the world’s leading independent rotorcraft engine service provider,” said Peg Billson, President and CEO of BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services. “These new designations, combined with our existing helicopter engine repair and overhaul capabilities, will put us in a position to provide service and support to over 20,000 helicopters in service today.”
Dallas Airmotive received a DOF appointment for the PW200 and PW210 engine models. To support this designation, a rotorcraft center of excellence will be located on DFW International Airport in Dallas, Texas. H+S Aviation received a DOF appointment for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine models. The state-of-the-art facility supporting this designation will be located in the Free Trade Zone of the Abu Dhabi International Airport, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Billson concluded by explaining that these locations were selected based on proximity to rotorcraft operators.
“We value being close to our customers. This focus positions us to provide rapid response times and deliver quicker turn times, which gets our customers back in the air faster,” she stated. “Our two new rotorcraft centers of excellence will allow us to extend our capabilities and continue to deliver the speed, expertise, and industry-leading service customers expect from our companies.”
The new Dallas facility is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2015 and the Abu Dhabi facility is planned to open in December 2014.
Both Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation will be attending Helitech 2014. Stop by booth D20 for more information. Also, visit the companies’ websites at www.dallasairmotive.com and www.hsaviation.co.uk.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30