Earlier this year, BBA Aviation companies Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation announced the award of new Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) appointments from Pratt & Whitney Canada for several turboshaft engine models in support of helicopter operators. Today, the companies provided further information on their plans to expand their global support for the rotorcraft market and announced the sites for their coming rotorcraft centers of excellence.
“The Pratt &Whitney Canada designations we received earlier this year for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine families are a central component in our strategy to becoming the world’s leading independent rotorcraft engine service provider,” said Peg Billson, President and CEO of BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services. “These new designations, combined with our existing helicopter engine repair and overhaul capabilities, will put us in a position to provide service and support to over 20,000 helicopters in service today.”
Dallas Airmotive received a DOF appointment for the PW200 and PW210 engine models. To support this designation, a rotorcraft center of excellence will be located on DFW International Airport in Dallas, Texas. H+S Aviation received a DOF appointment for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine models. The state-of-the-art facility supporting this designation will be located in the Free Trade Zone of the Abu Dhabi International Airport, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Billson concluded by explaining that these locations were selected based on proximity to rotorcraft operators.
“We value being close to our customers. This focus positions us to provide rapid response times and deliver quicker turn times, which gets our customers back in the air faster,” she stated. “Our two new rotorcraft centers of excellence will allow us to extend our capabilities and continue to deliver the speed, expertise, and industry-leading service customers expect from our companies.”
The new Dallas facility is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2015 and the Abu Dhabi facility is planned to open in December 2014.
Both Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation will be attending Helitech 2014. Stop by booth D20 for more information. Also, visit the companies’ websites at www.dallasairmotive.com and www.hsaviation.co.uk.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter