First North-listed CybAero has been selected by the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) to conduct test and demonstration flights from Sweden’s world-leading Visby class corvette in Q3, 2015.
Sweden-based CybAero was chosen ahead of other international competitors. It is estimated that the flights, which will employ CybAero’s APID helicopter systems, are to be conducted by the Swedish Armed Forces over Swedish waters in Q3, 2015. The purpose of the flights is to test the strategic and tactical benefits of these systems onboard Swedish Navy vessels.
“We are, of course, very proud to have been selected, and this is a testament to the high level of confidence FMV has placed in us,” says Mikael Hult, CEO of CybAero.
One of the most important applications of remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) is within maritime applications, and in recent years, CybAero has worked hard to establish its systems in this segment. CybAero will soon make its first deliveries to China Customs, which is the company’s first end client within maritime applications.
“Now that we have been chosen by FMV to conduct the test and demonstration flights, we have a great opportunity to put our systems on display, and this will serve as a good reference point for potential clients in Sweden and abroad,” says Mikael Hult.
CybAero develops and manufactures Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) and associated sensor systems for safer and more cost-effective operations in hazardous environments.
The company has made a great international impact with its APID 60 helicopter, which can be adapted to coastal and border surveillance, search and rescue missions, and mapping.
CybAero’s head office is in the Mjärdevi Science Park in Linköping, Sweden. The company has more than 40 employees and has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX First North since 2007. Remium Nordic AB is the company’s certified adviser.
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced
- Aspirus MedEvac Achieves NAAMTA Accreditation
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Senior Executive VP
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS