First North-listed CybAero has been selected by the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) to conduct test and demonstration flights from Sweden’s world-leading Visby class corvette in Q3, 2015.
Sweden-based CybAero was chosen ahead of other international competitors. It is estimated that the flights, which will employ CybAero’s APID helicopter systems, are to be conducted by the Swedish Armed Forces over Swedish waters in Q3, 2015. The purpose of the flights is to test the strategic and tactical benefits of these systems onboard Swedish Navy vessels.
“We are, of course, very proud to have been selected, and this is a testament to the high level of confidence FMV has placed in us,” says Mikael Hult, CEO of CybAero.
One of the most important applications of remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) is within maritime applications, and in recent years, CybAero has worked hard to establish its systems in this segment. CybAero will soon make its first deliveries to China Customs, which is the company’s first end client within maritime applications.
“Now that we have been chosen by FMV to conduct the test and demonstration flights, we have a great opportunity to put our systems on display, and this will serve as a good reference point for potential clients in Sweden and abroad,” says Mikael Hult.
CybAero develops and manufactures Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) and associated sensor systems for safer and more cost-effective operations in hazardous environments.
The company has made a great international impact with its APID 60 helicopter, which can be adapted to coastal and border surveillance, search and rescue missions, and mapping.
CybAero’s head office is in the Mjärdevi Science Park in Linköping, Sweden. The company has more than 40 employees and has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX First North since 2007. Remium Nordic AB is the company’s certified adviser.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd