Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that Titan Helicopter Group (THG) has accepted delivery of the first S-76D(TM) helicopter that will operate in Africa. The aircraft is configured for offshore service. An acceptance ceremony was held Wednesday (Dec. 17) at Associated Aircraft Group (AAG), a Sikorsky company based in Wappingers Falls, New York. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. .
The S-76D helicopter that THG will operate will be on lease from Milestone Aviation Group. Milestone has 86 Sikorsky aircraft in its fleet with 55 S-92((R)) helicopters and 31 S-76((R)) aircraft including four S-76D helicopters.
“The S-76D helicopter has quickly spread to various markets around the world, and Africa is another key region with many potential customers,” said Ed Beyer, Vice President, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services. “It’s always a pleasure to work with Titan as well as Milestone Aviation, and we can’t wait to see how the S-76D will elevate their business.”
Titan Helicopter Group (THG) was established in 1993 and is headquartered in South Africa. Its fleet currently features Sikorsky S-76 A++(TM), S-76C(TM) and S-76C+(TM) helicopters as well as the S-61N(TM) aircraft.
“The S-76D is the medium-sized aircraft of choice for various offshore customers in Africa, and THG is excited to be the first operator to introduce the aircraft on the continent,” said Jide Adebayo, COO of Titan Helicopter Group.
“We are proud to commence a partnership with Titan Helicopter Group and help this long-standing S-76 operator expand its fleet and capabilities with the S-76D,” said Robert Thor Dranitzke, Managing Director of Milestone Aviation Group. “We believe that Titan and the S-76D will achieve great success on the African continent.”
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.5-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, provides a substantial increase in performance, power and authority. The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck(R) integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
In addition to the oil and gas sector, the S-76D is in high demand for VIP and executive personal transport. For more than three decades, corporate executives and heads of state have recognized the S-76((R)) helicopter as the standard of excellence for personal transportation. S-76D helicopter VIP options include a customized interior with seating for five to eight passengers. Uniquely, the S-76D helicopter can hold its rotor system still while running an engine to power the on-board air-conditioning system for safe, comfortable loading and unloading into the pre-cooled cabin during the summer season and hot climates. In the future the S-76D helicopter will be certified to fly in icing conditions via optional de-icing capability for the main and tail rotor blades. Sikorsky’s exclusive active vibration control and Quiet Zone(TM) transmission technology provide extraordinarily smooth and quiet cabin conditions allowing normal conversations.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded