Vector Aerospace UK (Vector –www.vectoraerospace.com) a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the signing of an agreement with Airbus Helicopters enabling its Fleetlands site in Gosport to operate as an Airbus Helicopters Service Centre for countries adjoining the North Sea – the UK, Republic of Ireland , Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands and Belgium.
The agreement covers the maintenance, repair and overhaul services at the organisational and intermediate level of maintenance. This includes major inspection of airframe, blades, mechanical assemblies, hydraulics and APCU of all Super Puma variants owned by oil and gas operators and lessors active within this territory.
Vector Aerospace had the opportunity to validate its capability to undertake this work when it received its first aircraft, an Airbus Helicopters’ AS332L Super Puma, from Vector Aerospace Leasing Services last year.
Complementing the existing AS332 & EC225 EASA Part 145 approvals, the Airbus Helicopters’ accreditation provides a key enabler to enhance and accelerate the growth of Vector Aerospace’s UK civil helicopter support portfolio, as the company continues to strengthen this part of its wide range of capabilities.
Michael Tyrrell, Managing Director, Vector Aerospace UK, said, “The UK and wider European civil MRO markets have enormous potential that Vector Aerospace is actively working to tap into. Becoming an approved Airbus Helicopters’Service Centre provides us with the credentials we need to deliver OEM approved support to all Super Puma operators.”
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident