Vector Aerospace Corporation is pleased to announce the opening of its new MRO facility in Singapore and signing of MOU with Republic Polytechnic.
Proud to ‘Set the Standard for Customer Service,’ and operating with the strong belief that customers are best served by a local presence, Vector Aerospace is delighted to announce the grand opening of its Singapore facility as another example of Vector Aerospace’s global expansion. Concurrently, we are pleased to announce a 3 year MOU with the Republic Polytechnic of Singapore.
“We are pleased Vector Aerospace has chosen Singapore to be their base of operations for South-East Asia,” says Mr Yeoh Keat Chuan, Managing Director of the Singapore Economic Development Board. “Vector Aerospace Asia’s turboprop MRO capabilities further strengthen the ecosystem in Singapore, enhancing our position as the leading aviation hub in Asia-Pacific.”
The new 5,200 m2 Vector Aerospace state of the art facility will be a Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150 Designated Overhaul Facility equipped with full engine overhaul and test capability.
“By locating in the Asia Pacific region, we are able to provide the owners of PW150 engines and operators of the popular Bombardier Q400 regional turboprop with a cost-effective, viable and easily accessible MRO solution, while at the same time significantly strengthening our presence in the area. Engine owners and operators will benefit in terms of faster turn times, minimized shipping costs and superior customer service” stated Declan O’Shea, President & CEO of Vector Aerospace.
Vector Aerospace has invested more than $50 million in this facility, including tooling and equipment and when fully operational, will employ up to 140 employees in a variety of repair, test, engineering, commercial and support roles.
“As we do in other global markets, we are also investing here in the future of Singaporeans by supporting education and technical training in conjunction with Republic Polytechnic. We have signed a 3 year MOU signed with this prestigious educational institution aimed at training future aviation professionals to be industry relevant and industry ready.”, continued O’Shea.
“Republic Polytechnic is delighted to partner with Vector Aerospace Asia to contribute to Singapore’s growth as a premier aviation hub. This partnership provides RP students with internships at Vector Aerospace Asia for up to six months. The students will have opportunities to deepen their skills and acquire professional certification, and hence places them in good stead to eventually join the workforce as aerospace professionals thereby contributing to the growth of this sector.” said Mr Yeo Li Pheow, Principal/CEO, Republic Polytechnic.
The partnership with RP is in line with Singapore’s long-term national movement, SkillsFuture, which aims to deepen the skills of its workforce with good career progression pathways. Vector Aerospace Asia is also the first aviation MRO company in Singapore to partner with RP in the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level II Certification where students serving their six-month internship with the company will complete both the theoretical and practical training to acquire this industry-wide certification. NDT is one of the key activities performed by MROs to ensure the structural integrity of aircraft components.
Through the MOU, Vector will provide internships and industrial attachments regularly to the polytechnic students and upon successful completion of the industry attachment program, these students can be recruited as employees, providing Vector with a pool of industry ready technicians/engineers. Vector will also be providing scholarships for students.
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count