The U.S. Coast Guard has contracted with Breeze-Eastern Corporation (NYSE MKT: BZC) to provide new hydraulic hoist controllers for their MH-65 search and rescue fleet. The contract provides for deliveries over the next three years with early deliveries acceptable and encouraged. Breeze-Eastern, the aerospace industry’s only dedicated hoist and winch specialist, received this production contract after the completion of the design, development and qualification prototype contract.
The new controller will replace a 25-year-old legacy system. While maintaining the existing envelope size and specific required features, the new controller’s interior is a compact modular design, that will reduce maintenance costs and enhance the reliability of the system’s performance. The fully funded firm fixed price contract is valued at $8.9 million.
“Supporting the U.S. Coast Guard’s lifesaving work is a point of pride for Breeze-Eastern,” said company President and Chief Executive Officer Brad Pedersen. “So modernizing this critical rescue support equipment is an important and exciting opportunity.”
Breeze-Eastern Corporation is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for helicopters, military cargo aircraft, and other aerospace/defense platforms, including rescue hoists, winches and cargo hooks, and weapons-lifting systems.
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering