The U.S. Coast Guard has contracted with Breeze-Eastern Corporation (NYSE MKT: BZC) to provide new hydraulic hoist controllers for their MH-65 search and rescue fleet. The contract provides for deliveries over the next three years with early deliveries acceptable and encouraged. Breeze-Eastern, the aerospace industry’s only dedicated hoist and winch specialist, received this production contract after the completion of the design, development and qualification prototype contract.
The new controller will replace a 25-year-old legacy system. While maintaining the existing envelope size and specific required features, the new controller’s interior is a compact modular design, that will reduce maintenance costs and enhance the reliability of the system’s performance. The fully funded firm fixed price contract is valued at $8.9 million.
“Supporting the U.S. Coast Guard’s lifesaving work is a point of pride for Breeze-Eastern,” said company President and Chief Executive Officer Brad Pedersen. “So modernizing this critical rescue support equipment is an important and exciting opportunity.”
Breeze-Eastern Corporation is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for helicopters, military cargo aircraft, and other aerospace/defense platforms, including rescue hoists, winches and cargo hooks, and weapons-lifting systems.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30