The U.S. Coast Guard has contracted with Breeze-Eastern Corporation (NYSE MKT: BZC) to provide new hydraulic hoist controllers for their MH-65 search and rescue fleet. The contract provides for deliveries over the next three years with early deliveries acceptable and encouraged. Breeze-Eastern, the aerospace industry’s only dedicated hoist and winch specialist, received this production contract after the completion of the design, development and qualification prototype contract.
The new controller will replace a 25-year-old legacy system. While maintaining the existing envelope size and specific required features, the new controller’s interior is a compact modular design, that will reduce maintenance costs and enhance the reliability of the system’s performance. The fully funded firm fixed price contract is valued at $8.9 million.
“Supporting the U.S. Coast Guard’s lifesaving work is a point of pride for Breeze-Eastern,” said company President and Chief Executive Officer Brad Pedersen. “So modernizing this critical rescue support equipment is an important and exciting opportunity.”
Breeze-Eastern Corporation is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for helicopters, military cargo aircraft, and other aerospace/defense platforms, including rescue hoists, winches and cargo hooks, and weapons-lifting systems.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion