The Pacific Pilotage Authority, based in the Canadian city of Vancouver, placed an advertisement in the Vancouver Sun on Saturday 31st October seeking expressions of interest from operators interested in providing “helicopter hoisting services for marine pilot transfers”. The location was given as the “British Columbai Southern Coastal Region”.
Interested parties can request an RFP (Request for Proposal) by contacting the PPA at [email protected] on or before Friday 6th November.
Further research on the PPA website found the PPA Summary Corporate Plan 2015-2019 which said “In 2014, we introduced helicopter services into the service mix in Prince Rupert and Cape Beale. It is expected that helicopter transfers will become a significant portion of Prince Rupert assignments over the next five years.” and later added details showing that this is expected to account for 10% of all Prince Rupert assignments in 2015 and they expect it to progressively increase to 75% by 2019. It would appear that this was an optimistic timeline and the recent advert is the initial effort at dipping their toes in the water.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years