The Pacific Pilotage Authority, based in the Canadian city of Vancouver, placed an advertisement in the Vancouver Sun on Saturday 31st October seeking expressions of interest from operators interested in providing “helicopter hoisting services for marine pilot transfers”. The location was given as the “British Columbai Southern Coastal Region”.
Interested parties can request an RFP (Request for Proposal) by contacting the PPA at [email protected] on or before Friday 6th November.
Further research on the PPA website found the PPA Summary Corporate Plan 2015-2019 which said “In 2014, we introduced helicopter services into the service mix in Prince Rupert and Cape Beale. It is expected that helicopter transfers will become a significant portion of Prince Rupert assignments over the next five years.” and later added details showing that this is expected to account for 10% of all Prince Rupert assignments in 2015 and they expect it to progressively increase to 75% by 2019. It would appear that this was an optimistic timeline and the recent advert is the initial effort at dipping their toes in the water.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet