Robinson Helicopter delivered 347 aircraft in 2015, made up of 117 R66s, 196 R44s, and 34 R22s – a steady gain over 2014, which was in itself a huge drop over 2013. Looking at each model, the R22 production was the lowest in six years, R44s were marginally ahead and the main percentage gain was in the biggest of the range, the R66 Turbine.
2015 also saw the R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total, a comparative five seat turbine.
Additionally, HeliHub.com broke the story of the new R44 Cadet model in November, which led to Robinson Helicopter Company having to put out a press release some months ahead of schedule – we understand launch was intended at Heli-Expo 2016.
For comparative figures, here are the numbers for the last five years.
- 2014 production was 329 helicopters – 101 R66s, 186 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson production drops by 37% in 2014
- 2013 production was 523 helicopters – 192 R66s, 289 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson 2013 production shows marginal 1% increase on 2012
- 2012 production was 517 helicopters – 191 R66s, 286 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- 2011 production was 356 helicopters – 88 R66s, 212 R44s and 56 R22s – see Robinson more than doubles 2010 production in 2011
- 2010 production was 162 helicopters – 10 R66s, 112 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson production at lowest for 23 years
Peak year to date was 2008 with 893 deliveries
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations