Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a purchase agreement for two Bell 429s for delivery to the Indonesian National Police. As the official police force for Indonesia, the aircraft will support the law enforcement activities and will contribute to the safety, accessibility, sustainability and security of the region.
The aircraft were signed for at the Singapore Airshow during a formal signing ceremony.
“The selection of the Bell 429 will help improve the Indonesian Police’s support capability to ensure the safety, security and protection of the area,” said Damos Nasution, president of Multi Pacific. “Given the conditions we operate in, the performance capabilities of this aircraft fit our mission needs.”
The Bell 429 is in service today with customers around the world including Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. There are more than 30 Bell 429s operating across the Asia Pacific region, and the Indonesian National Police is now part of a growing list of parapublic agencies that are placing their trust in the Bell 429.
“We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the Indonesian Police, and have been proud to support the Bell 206 aircraft in their current fleet,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director, Asia Pacific. “The Bell 429 will continue to not only support their current efforts, but provide them with the expanded capabilities, added safety and increased flexibility needed to serve the region.”
With seating for seven passengers and one pilot, the Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class SBAS/WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case