Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a purchase agreement for two Bell 429s for delivery to the Indonesian National Police. As the official police force for Indonesia, the aircraft will support the law enforcement activities and will contribute to the safety, accessibility, sustainability and security of the region.
The aircraft were signed for at the Singapore Airshow during a formal signing ceremony.
“The selection of the Bell 429 will help improve the Indonesian Police’s support capability to ensure the safety, security and protection of the area,” said Damos Nasution, president of Multi Pacific. “Given the conditions we operate in, the performance capabilities of this aircraft fit our mission needs.”
The Bell 429 is in service today with customers around the world including Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. There are more than 30 Bell 429s operating across the Asia Pacific region, and the Indonesian National Police is now part of a growing list of parapublic agencies that are placing their trust in the Bell 429.
“We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the Indonesian Police, and have been proud to support the Bell 206 aircraft in their current fleet,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director, Asia Pacific. “The Bell 429 will continue to not only support their current efforts, but provide them with the expanded capabilities, added safety and increased flexibility needed to serve the region.”
With seating for seven passengers and one pilot, the Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class SBAS/WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100
- EDA wraps up Fire Blade 2017 exercise in Hungary
- Brazilian military takes delivery of two H225Ms
- BK117 Role Equipment Granted FAA Certification
- Milestone Aviation opens new office in Sydney
- CHI Aviation Awarded Contract With USTRANSCOM