Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a purchase agreement for two Bell 429s for delivery to the Indonesian National Police. As the official police force for Indonesia, the aircraft will support the law enforcement activities and will contribute to the safety, accessibility, sustainability and security of the region.
The aircraft were signed for at the Singapore Airshow during a formal signing ceremony.
“The selection of the Bell 429 will help improve the Indonesian Police’s support capability to ensure the safety, security and protection of the area,” said Damos Nasution, president of Multi Pacific. “Given the conditions we operate in, the performance capabilities of this aircraft fit our mission needs.”
The Bell 429 is in service today with customers around the world including Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. There are more than 30 Bell 429s operating across the Asia Pacific region, and the Indonesian National Police is now part of a growing list of parapublic agencies that are placing their trust in the Bell 429.
“We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the Indonesian Police, and have been proud to support the Bell 206 aircraft in their current fleet,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director, Asia Pacific. “The Bell 429 will continue to not only support their current efforts, but provide them with the expanded capabilities, added safety and increased flexibility needed to serve the region.”
With seating for seven passengers and one pilot, the Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class SBAS/WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd