ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS) is pleased to announce their intent to acquire Unmanned Safety Institute (USI) of Orlando, Florida, a privately held business that has carved out a recognized and respected position in the safety training, certification and management of unmanned aerial vehicles. The acquisition couples nicely with ARGUS’ global presence in the aviation safety training, auditing, rating, and SMS business.
ARGUS CEO and President, Joe Moeggenberg stated, “We have been monitoring the UAS industry for several years now, and recognized early on that the rate of growth in this space will demand a strong safety infrastructure.” Moeggenberg continued, “We were very impressed with the experience that the USI founders brought to this business and the impact they have had in short time relative to their safety training and certification program.”
“As a start-up in the UAS safety business, USI is very proud of the work we have done and strong relationships that we have formed with industry groups such as colleges and universities, aviation insurance, and the airport community, as well as trade organizations from the agricultural, videography, real estate and law enforcement industries”, remarked Aaron Greenwald, USI President. “Aligning ourselves with a recognized global leader in aviation safety such as ARGUS will allow USI to more quickly grow our service offerings, geographic reach, and cross-over offerings to the rotary and fixed wing industry who is already adding UAS to their list of aviation assets.”
The terms of the cash transaction are not being announced as both companies are privately held. It is anticipated that the transaction will be completed on or about the end of March 2016.
About Unmanned Safety Institute Founded in 2014, the Unmanned Safety Institute is a professional flight safety organization for operators, enterprises, and organizations focused on integrating and operating UAS safely for civil or commercial purposes. The Unmanned Safety Institute provides UAS flight safety standards and training through the adoption and modification of time-honored aviation safety and training practices. USI certifications are recognized by many leading aviation insurance providers to include Global Aerospace, which selected USI as its official and exclusive UAS training provider under its SM4 Safety Initiative. To learn more about USI, please visit UnmannedSafetyInstitute.org.
About ARGUS ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS) is a specialized aviation services company whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk. ARGUS provides world-class aviation software and business management solutions, including AVMOSYS business management software, TRAQPak, CHEQ, and ARMOR SMS. ARGUS Charter operator ratings are the most recognized and requested independent source of overall operator quality. TRAQPak provides industry leading market intelligence data and research services, as well as expert aviation consulting. Founded in 1995, ARGUS is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and actively engaged with business activities in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T