Local news outlets in Nevada are reporting that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police have approval to buy a new Airbus H145, with delivery targeted for March 2017. The new helicopter will operate in the SAR role and replace one of two HH-1H helicopers which date back to the early 1970s. The Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs approved the purchase of the new helicopter Monday morning, after more than a year of discussions.
This will be the first twin-engined helicopter operated by the Metro Police. The unit’s current fleet consists of four MD530Fs and one Bell 407, alongside the two Hueys. The Air Support Unit operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and flies 6,000 hours annually.
Department CFO Rich Hoggan said that the price of $9.6M, including spares and training, is being offset by $1.6M from the sale of an existing aircraft, and $2M from a lawsuit settlement. Hoggan is also leading an initiative to seek an increase in fees at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and Lake Mead National Recreation Area to help support the helicopter SAR operations. The department said it averages 160 rescues each year.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175