Northumbria Helicopters, based at Newcastle Airport, have become the tenth training school to offer the Guimbal G2 Cabri in the UK. The company, now Britain’s notherlymost Cabri operator, has taken a helicopter on lease from Cotswold Helicopter Centre. This will add to the Robinson R44s operated by Northumbria Helicopters, of which they have two at Newcastle and one in Northern Ireland.
Northumbria Helicopters was recently bought by Andrew Hutchinson, an experienced pilot with over 5,000 flying hours. Hutchinson has extensive experience on long-line work with Bell 205s, and the leased Cabri will have a hook fitted to it so he can offer those skills as a training school. Hutchinson is working closely with the CAA to extend the current approvals for Northumbria Helicopters, some of which had been allowed to lapse by the previous owner of the company.
Cotswold Helicopter Centre will be displaying the G2 Cabri at Heli UK Expo 1-3 July 2016 at Sywell UK, with at least five examples on site, one of which will be available for demonstration flights.
The G2 Cabri is a two-seat light helicopter with a three-bladed fully-articulated main rotor and a Fenestron tail rotor. It has a composite-construction fuselage, and is powered by a 180hp Lycoming O-360 piston engine derated to 145hp. More G2 Cabri helicopters were built in 2015 than any other two-seat certified helicopter across the world, according to the annual factory production survey by GAMA, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association.
About Cotswold Helicopter Centre
Cotswold Helicopter Centre is based at Cotswold Airport – also known as Kemble – and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. We are not only the UK distributor for the French manufacturer Helicoptères Guimbal, but we are also busy with a flying school and charter work. Our fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44 and an AS350B2 Squirrel. We offer Cabri helicopters both for sale and on attractive lease terms for UK flying schools.
You can follow Cotswold Helicopter Centre
- on the web at www.FlyCHC.com
- on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CotswoldHeli
- on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CotswoldHelicopterCentre/
- BC Helicopters to add second Guimbal Cabri G2
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre and Gama Aviation name Fairoaks base manager
- Helicentre Aviation launches 2017 Scholarship Programme
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre in Cabri G2 JV with Gama Aviation