Ten helicopters are being bought for the police under the largest agreement of its kind in China, signed on Tuesday, the opening day of the Eighth China International Exhibition on Police Equipment.
On Tuesday this week, the Ministry of Public Security signed an order with local manufacturer AVIC for ten helicopters. The first four, two AC311s and two AC312s (photo below), will be delivered to public security bureaus in Nanjing, Kunming, Hefei and Luoyang. The 10 helicopters will be made by AVIC subsidiaries Harbin and Changhe. A statement from the AVIC said 50 helicopters are being used by 28 police aviation units on the Chinese mainland.
Liu Daolin, deputy director of the ministry’s Police Aviation Management Office, is quoted as saying that public security authorities expect to double the size of their helicopter fleets within five years. At that time they expect to have 50 police helicopter units operating around 100 helicopters. He added that less than 10% of Chinese mainland cities have air cover, with more local police forces now beginning to understand the value of investing in aircraft.
Yu Feng, president of AVIC Helicopter Co, said separately that police bureaus in cities including Nanjing, Hefei, Tianjin, Jiaozuo, Kunming and Zigong now operate helicopters made by the company.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd