Ten helicopters are being bought for the police under the largest agreement of its kind in China, signed on Tuesday, the opening day of the Eighth China International Exhibition on Police Equipment.
On Tuesday this week, the Ministry of Public Security signed an order with local manufacturer AVIC for ten helicopters. The first four, two AC311s and two AC312s (photo below), will be delivered to public security bureaus in Nanjing, Kunming, Hefei and Luoyang. The 10 helicopters will be made by AVIC subsidiaries Harbin and Changhe. A statement from the AVIC said 50 helicopters are being used by 28 police aviation units on the Chinese mainland.
Liu Daolin, deputy director of the ministry’s Police Aviation Management Office, is quoted as saying that public security authorities expect to double the size of their helicopter fleets within five years. At that time they expect to have 50 police helicopter units operating around 100 helicopters. He added that less than 10% of Chinese mainland cities have air cover, with more local police forces now beginning to understand the value of investing in aircraft.
Yu Feng, president of AVIC Helicopter Co, said separately that police bureaus in cities including Nanjing, Hefei, Tianjin, Jiaozuo, Kunming and Zigong now operate helicopters made by the company.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service