Ten helicopters are being bought for the police under the largest agreement of its kind in China, signed on Tuesday, the opening day of the Eighth China International Exhibition on Police Equipment.
On Tuesday this week, the Ministry of Public Security signed an order with local manufacturer AVIC for ten helicopters. The first four, two AC311s and two AC312s (photo below), will be delivered to public security bureaus in Nanjing, Kunming, Hefei and Luoyang. The 10 helicopters will be made by AVIC subsidiaries Harbin and Changhe. A statement from the AVIC said 50 helicopters are being used by 28 police aviation units on the Chinese mainland.
Liu Daolin, deputy director of the ministry’s Police Aviation Management Office, is quoted as saying that public security authorities expect to double the size of their helicopter fleets within five years. At that time they expect to have 50 police helicopter units operating around 100 helicopters. He added that less than 10% of Chinese mainland cities have air cover, with more local police forces now beginning to understand the value of investing in aircraft.
Yu Feng, president of AVIC Helicopter Co, said separately that police bureaus in cities including Nanjing, Hefei, Tianjin, Jiaozuo, Kunming and Zigong now operate helicopters made by the company.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns