Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced today that Falcon Aviation of Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) has taken delivery of a new generation AgustaWestland AW169 light intermediate twin helicopter this month. The handover makes Falcon Aviation the first operator in UAE to use the new type and the first customer worldwide to use the aircraft for offshore oil and gas transportation. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at EBACE 2016 (Geneva, May 24th-26th). This delivery follows others in Europe and Australia for executive/private transport, emergency medical services and utility roles, testifying the versatility and global market success of the new model.
Falcon Aviation has placed orders for two AW169s, one in offshore transport and one in VVIP transport configuration. The offshore-configured AW169 will be used to support oil & gas operations in Abu Dhabi for TOTAL ABK. Falcon Aviation has been supporting TOTAL ABK oil & gas operations for over eight years. The AW169 in VVIP configuration is to be delivered to Falcon Aviation in August.
The introduction of the new generation AW169 into their fleet will expand the range of Leonardo-Finmeccanica helicopters operated by Falcon Aviation which already include four light twin helicopters, comprising the Grand and GrandNew models, and two all new AW189 8.6 tonne helicopters.
The AW169 and AW189 models are part of Leonardo-Finmeccanica’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW139. These helicopters all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of fleets across the 4 to 9 tonne weight categories in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support.
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone
- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance announces name of AW169
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Milestone leases two AW169s to Alidaunia in Italy
- Polar Research Institute of China orders an AW169
- Norwegian Police pick TrakkaBeam searchlight for AW169
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to replace MD902 with AW169
- Denmark – Uni-Fly order two AW169s for wind farm support
- Leonardo exhibits new generation VIP helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Show
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders