In recent years, Sanford AirMed in North Dakota has had to base their Airbus EC145 out of Fargo Airport due to the over-development of the hospital site.
With the construction of the new Sanford Medical Center Fargo that will be reversed as it has been designed with a helipad on top of the ground ambulance garage. Located on the north side of the site, the new pad will benefit from facing the prevalent north west winds, as well as allowing a full instrument approach due to the lack of obstructions from that direction. The placement of the helipad also leads straight to an elevator that can quickly bring the patient to the ER, surgery, cath lab, or any other area where that patient might need treatment – the current hospital only has direct access to the ER.
There is also a second helipad on the ground so two aircraft can land at the same time if necessary. The AirMed helicopter will move into its new hangar when the hospital opens next summer.
Sanford AirMed also operates a pair of Beech 200 Super King Air fixed-wing.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175