Vector Aerospace has announced that it has received FAA supplemental type certificate approval for a new ADS-B solution which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo-Finmeccanica AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters.
The new ADB-S In/Out retrofit upgrade (FAA STC # SR02473AK) features an intuitive, panel-mounted touchscreen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) units provide ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic device interface.
“We are thrilled to add this new STC capability to our long list of FAA, TCCA and EASA certified STCs for Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Sikorsky aircraft,” said Elvis Moniz, VP, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions. “Our experience with this type of retrofit solution dates back to the FAA Alaska Capstone program, which saw Vector work directly with the FAA to successfully perform 450 capstone installations – including ADS-B – on a variety of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft during 2002 – 2005.”
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- CHC Introduces New Latin America Base at Bartolomeu Lisandro Airport
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- CASA approves our AW139 OJT journals
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Weststar signs AW139 fleet engine program with P&WC
- Waypoint Completes Purchase and Lease-Back of AW139
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program
- Waypoint & Leonardo announce new service offerings
- SKYTRAC, Leonardo and CHC Collaborate
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow signs Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan for AW139 fleet
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Leonardo approves fifth Service Centre in Japan
- Everett Aviation re-introduces AW139
- CHC Completes First Flight for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One