French manufacturer Hèlicoptères Guimbal are believed to be the first helicopter manufacturer to build and market their own ground handling trolley. Previously, manufacturers have often released the crank-up wheels, but left the trolleys to after-market suppliers.
Guimbal has built a four-wheeled trolley with a lithium-battery powered lifting mechanism, with the intention it is pulled by a golf buggy, quad-bike or small tractor. It will lift a G2 helicopter for ground handling, providing a 60mm clearance for the skids and 100mm for the main parts of the trailer. The four-wheeled design ensures stability and a maximum towing speed of 15mph / 25 kph. The 12V 20Ah battery, which is fully enclosed in the frame of the trailer, can be recharged over 6-8 hours by plugging in to a standard power socket. The arms of the trailer also fold in when there is no helicopter being handled, reducing the storage space requirements.
As Guimbal distributor for UK and Ireland, Cotswold Helicopter Centre has an initial batch order for these trolleys already placed with the manufacturer, and expects to make a follow-up order shortly.
About Cotswold Helicopter Centre
Cotswold Helicopter Centre has been established over 10 years, operating at Cotswold Airport – also known as Kemble – and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. It is the exclusive UK distributor for the French manufacturer Helicoptères Guimbal, a busy professional flight training school and AOC holder for charter work. A second training base opens at Fairoaks Airport in mid 2016. Our fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44, an Airbus AS350B2 Squirrel and an Airbus AS355 Twin Squirrel. We offer Cabri helicopters both for sale and on attractive lease terms for UK flying schools.
For further information, please contact Cotswold Helicopter Centre on +44 1285 770740 or email [email protected]
You can follow Cotswold Helicopter Centre
- on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CotswoldHeli
- on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CotswoldHelicopterCentre/
- on the web at www.FlyCHC.com
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly