Airbus Helicopters has delivered the first VIP version of the H175, the company’s new medium class twin-engine helicopter, which entered service in 2014 for offshore transportation. Combining unparalleled elements of style and comfort with the largest cabin in its class, the VIP version of the H175 offers a superior level of cabin interior provided by Pegasus Design, who has built a worldwide reputation on business jets and super yachts.
“The first delivery of a new version of the H175 is an important milestone for our company and for the H175 program. The H175 enlarges its operational capacity to a completely new mission segment” said Guillaume Faury, President of Airbus Helicopters. “The VIP variant is also great news for the private and business aviation market as flying in a helicopter has never been so close to a private jet experience”.
Delivered to an undisclosed customer who will operate it in Europe as a complement to the yacht, the H175 offers a totally personalized VVIP cabin comfortably accommodating seven passengers. The aircraft features a unique cabin layout with two distinct seating areas: a forward zone that provides a lounge atmosphere with facing club seating for four passengers and a galley, as well as sofa-style seating that comfortably accommodates three passengers at the rear.
In addition to the exclusive cabin and the refinement of materials, the VIP version of the H175 offers some distinctive elements. These include: a hinged door– which optimizes space inside the cabin – a three steps electrical footstep for ease of access, electronically dimmable windows and mood lighting. Passengers will also enjoy in-flight connectivity with satcom, in-flight entertainment system with LCD screens, moving map and images provided by the tail fin and tail skid cameras – all controllable through dedicated touchscreens or personal devices. Also contributing to the jet-like flight experience is the effective soundproof cabin which allows passengers to communicate without headsets.
The H175 is available in a VIP version, seating six to eight passengers, and an executive version, seating nine to twelve. All versions provide a jet-like smooth ride at all speeds and a climate-controlled cabin – even when the main rotor is stopped. Featuring more window area than walls, the rotorcraft ensures panoramic views for all passengers. It completes the upper end of
Airbus Helicopters’ product line for the business and private aviation sector.
Besides the private and business transport, the H175 can perform a wide array of operations, ranging from offshore transportation to different missions for the public services. Up to date, the H175 is in operation for offshore missions in the Scottish and Dutch North Sea and off the West African coast. This is the first delivery of the VIP version with a second one following later in the year. The first units of the Public Services version will reach the market in late 2017.
[HeliHub.com editor note – the text above is the official line from Airbus. In reality we know this is G-DLBR – photo proof here – which is registered to Klaret Sky Leasing at an address in Cyprus and is MSN 5018. DLBR is short for Dilbar, the name of a very recently delivered superyacht no less than 157 metres long with two helipads – video from the shipbuilders here – and this is widely reported as owned by Russian businessman Alisher Usmanov]
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- NHV awarded contract by Dana Petroleum
- Pegaso returns to the H175 with new order
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- LCI expands CHC partnership with second H175
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- Babcock introduces two H175s to the Southern Hemisphere
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft