FlightSafety International announces that it will offer Part 142 approved Night Vision Goggle training using Level D qualified simulators in Dallas. The courses provide in-depth instruction on the equipment and focus on the efficient and effective use of the goggles through scenario based and mission specific exercises.
The FAA-approved course for the Airbus Helicopters H135 is available now. Courses for the Bell Helicopter 212 and 412 will begin later this fall.
“FlightSafety is the first to receive approval from the United States Federal Aviation Administration for Part 142 delivery of NVG initial, recurrent, recent experience and proficiency courses,” said Steve Gross, Senior Vice President, Sales. “Providing NVG courses and capabilities in our simulators enables us to meet the specific needs of government and military agencies; Emergency Medical Services; Law Enforcement; Search and Rescue; Airborne Surveillance; and Security, Fire and Rescue operations, and others.”
The initial course includes eight hours of ground school and eight hours of training in an advanced Level D qualified simulator that features the company’s industry-leading VITAL 1100 visual system. The recurrent courses include four hours in both the classroom and simulator. The recent experience and proficiency courses provide two hours in each.
The simulators are NVG qualified by the FAA’s National Simulator Program. The qualification was received after thorough evaluation and demonstration of the simulator’s ability to accurately represent Night Vision Goggle operations.
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- RAC Rescue Helicopter reaches 5000 milestone
- Bell Strengthens Customer Support Capabilities in Europe
- Bell 412EPI Enters Into Service in Japan with Aomori Prefecture
- Able Aerospace adds Agusta-Bell 412 to capabilities
- Air ambulance service inaugurated in Gozo with Bell 412
- Aeronautical Accessories Adds Bell 412 Crew Mobility Restraint Kit
- Bell 412EPI demonstrated to Vietnamese operator
- Bell 412EPI Participates in Royal Thai Army Aviation Day
- Bell demonstrates 412EPI to Nepalese Army
- Cobham signs 18-month military test flight contract with QinetiQ
- Bell Singapore completes 5,000hr inspections on two Australian 412s
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel
- Bell starts five month Asia Pacific tour with 412EPi
- UK SAR Training Unit renamed
- Abu Dhabi Aviation reaches 1,000,000 hours on Bell fleet
- Bell launches 412SP to 412HP upgrade kit