VIH Aerospace is in the process of delivering two Sikorsky S-92 helicopters to a leading offshore oil and gas operator, in response to the grounding of the Airbus H225.
The aircraft identified for quick maintenance and modifications turn-around by VIHA expert engineers have required greatly-differing work scopes in order to meet the compressed delivery timeline required by the operator. “The initial S-92 helicopter, which was recently delivered, represented the lesser of the two work scopes; requiring a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP), as well as performance of all scheduled inspections, a thorough inspection of all avionics and electrical systems, completion of and/or ensuring all required Airworthiness Directives were addressed, and a variety of detailed airframe repairs were carried out,” explains Jeff Norie, Director of Maintenance for VIH Aerospace.
Norie elaborates, explaining that the second S-92 helicopter has required a more detailed workscope, which also included the SLEP. Additionally, in order to prepare the helicopter for its upcoming deployment, VIH Aerospace’s engineers performed a full conversion from VIP configuration to a Search & Rescue (SAR) and passenger carrier configuration. “This was a very labour intensive and technically specialized project, one that included de-modifying the S-92 and then re-modifying it with mission equipment specific to a SAR role,” explains Norie. Added to this was integration of Supplemental Type Certified equipment such as VIH Aerospace’s Auxiliary Fuel Tank system and SAR console, as well as extensive structural modifications and a complete paint strip and custom paint application.
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Waypoint Delivers 2 helicopters to Omni
- HNZ Group announces offshore SAR contract in Australia
- 02-May-17 G-MCGG Sikorsky S92 Kirkfieldbank, UK
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92
- Sikorsky Launches Safety Enhancement Program with PHi and Outerlink
- Sikorsky launches Flight Crew Operating Manuals for S92 and S76D
- Milestone Provides two S92s and five S76Ds to Thai Aviation Services
- VIH Offering its Full Suite of S92 STC Products
- HNZ and PHi to fly up to four S-92s in Australian JV
- Perfect storm – Sikorsky grounds S92
- CHC to Provide 3 Additional Aircraft to Shell
- Milestone Leases S-92 to Omni Táxi Aéreo