Valair, the distributor for Robinson Helicopter Co in Switzerland, has recently delivered the tenth R66 now flying in the mountainous European country. Eight of these ten delivered new by Valair, with the other two bought pre-owned from the Czech Republic and the United Kingdom.
The latest example is serial 0728 and is the first R66 in Switzerland with an autopilot. It is now registered HB-ZWK and painted in a dark grey scheme with the R66 standard stripes in burgundy. The Swiss registration authority BAZL shows the helicopter owned by Hans Rudolf Keller at an address in Winterthur, the country’s sixth largest city.
Apart from Valair themselves, R66s are also operated in Switzerland by Heli Sitterdorf, Mountain Flyers 80, Swift Copters, Fuchs Helikopter and Heli Alpin.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Rolls-Royce expands RR300 engine support for Robinson R66 helicopters
- FAA approves Donaldson IBF for R66
- FAA Issues Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Managements
- First Robinson R66 arrives in Thailand
- Robinson delivers 12,000th helicopter
- Robinson’s R66 Turbine Marine Receives EASA Approval
- New Zealand puts Robinson helicopters on safety Watchlist
- Duties Lifted For Light Helicopters in Eurasian Economic Union
- New Garmin transponders approved for Robinson range
- FAA approves Garmin Mode S transponders in R22, R44 and R66
- Brazil approves Onboard Systems R66 Cargo Hook
- Magellan Aerospace launches R66 Wire Strike Protection System
- FAA approves R66 aux tank
- Guidance Aviation successfully using R66 for charter and lifting
- Court dismisses Quantum Leasing R66 case against Robinson
- Robinson production 5% up in 2015 over 2014
- All Metal MS launches Robinson maintenance stand
- UK – Aeromega adds R66 to fleet
- Milestone 700th R66 rolls off the production line
- Advance Helicopters widen fleet with an R66