Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, created a prototype of the new rotorcraft at Kazan Helicopters as part of the Police Helicopter program. The machine features extra equipment and is designed to meet the needs of the Russian law enforcement agencies.
The police version of Ansat is equipped with platforms for transporting special forces in groups of 4 to 6 people, as well as with a farm for landing with downhill devices, which can be reset in case of emergency. This equipment can be easily removed and if necessary the helicopter can be converted from the police into a medevac unit.
Also, the helicopter has the optoelectronic SON-730 system, which provides non-stop viewing, detection and identification of subjects and objects, as well as stabilized TV and IR images and their transfer to the on-board avionics. The system allows to measure distance to the target, its grip and auto tracking, as well as to transmit data in real time to a ground command center display with a range of up to 5 km.
In addition, the police versions of Ansat is equipped with a controllable SX-5 searchlight, which provides illumination of targets at night and an external TS-200WP loudspeaker device for supplying voice commands and alerting the public. The Ministry of the Interior of Russia, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, fire services and operators of pipelines are showing interest in this configuration of the helicopter.
Ansat is a light twin-engine multirole helicopter designed for 7-9 people. It was developed by a design bureau at Kazan Helicopters. A major approval for Ansats with hydromechanical control system was received in December 2014 when this type of rotorcraft was allowed to transport passengers. In May 2015, the air ambulance mode of Ansat was approved. In December 2015, a VIP version of the rotorcraft was certified. In June 2016, the helicopter’s take-off weight was increased up to 3,600 kg.
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit