Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, created a prototype of the new rotorcraft at Kazan Helicopters as part of the Police Helicopter program. The machine features extra equipment and is designed to meet the needs of the Russian law enforcement agencies.
The police version of Ansat is equipped with platforms for transporting special forces in groups of 4 to 6 people, as well as with a farm for landing with downhill devices, which can be reset in case of emergency. This equipment can be easily removed and if necessary the helicopter can be converted from the police into a medevac unit.
Also, the helicopter has the optoelectronic SON-730 system, which provides non-stop viewing, detection and identification of subjects and objects, as well as stabilized TV and IR images and their transfer to the on-board avionics. The system allows to measure distance to the target, its grip and auto tracking, as well as to transmit data in real time to a ground command center display with a range of up to 5 km.
In addition, the police versions of Ansat is equipped with a controllable SX-5 searchlight, which provides illumination of targets at night and an external TS-200WP loudspeaker device for supplying voice commands and alerting the public. The Ministry of the Interior of Russia, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, fire services and operators of pipelines are showing interest in this configuration of the helicopter.
Ansat is a light twin-engine multirole helicopter designed for 7-9 people. It was developed by a design bureau at Kazan Helicopters. A major approval for Ansats with hydromechanical control system was received in December 2014 when this type of rotorcraft was allowed to transport passengers. In May 2015, the air ambulance mode of Ansat was approved. In December 2015, a VIP version of the rotorcraft was certified. In June 2016, the helicopter’s take-off weight was increased up to 3,600 kg.
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service