UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will deliver the Cloud Cap Technology TASE400 Long Range Spotter (LRS) imaging system to Tulare County Sheriff’s Office in California for use in its air support aircraft. The TASE400 LRS was chosen because of its high performance and low size, weight and power architecture.
The sheriff’s office plans to use the TASE400 LRS system’s infrared imaging sensor and color cameras in the department’s airplane which will aid Tulare County deputies during periods of limited visibility, darkness and low ambient light conditions.
“The Tulare Sheriff’s Office will be able to track fixed or moving objects of interest, and easily mark and report on them day or night,” said Tulare County Sergeant Dave Williams.
Weighing less than nine pounds, the system can be easily mounted to fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and aerostats (tethered balloons). The TASE400 LRS offers two color cameras and a mid-wave infrared imaging system. All of the cameras are designed to provide superior high-definition imagery, which can lead to enhanced situational awareness and protection for deputies and citizens alike.
“Tulare County will be able to use imagery and data collected by the TASE400 LRS in its efforts to provide a swifter response to calls, protect citizens’ property and enhance deputy safety,” said Todd Newton, business development manager, UTC Aerospace Systems.
UTC Aerospace Systems’ has nearly 25 TASE imaging systems in service with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. The TASE400 LRS also includes a user interface software tool which provides operators the ability to simultaneously record and disseminate critical data which is a key aspect desired in airborne law enforcement.
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service