UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will deliver the Cloud Cap Technology TASE400 Long Range Spotter (LRS) imaging system to Tulare County Sheriff’s Office in California for use in its air support aircraft. The TASE400 LRS was chosen because of its high performance and low size, weight and power architecture.
The sheriff’s office plans to use the TASE400 LRS system’s infrared imaging sensor and color cameras in the department’s airplane which will aid Tulare County deputies during periods of limited visibility, darkness and low ambient light conditions.
“The Tulare Sheriff’s Office will be able to track fixed or moving objects of interest, and easily mark and report on them day or night,” said Tulare County Sergeant Dave Williams.
Weighing less than nine pounds, the system can be easily mounted to fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and aerostats (tethered balloons). The TASE400 LRS offers two color cameras and a mid-wave infrared imaging system. All of the cameras are designed to provide superior high-definition imagery, which can lead to enhanced situational awareness and protection for deputies and citizens alike.
“Tulare County will be able to use imagery and data collected by the TASE400 LRS in its efforts to provide a swifter response to calls, protect citizens’ property and enhance deputy safety,” said Todd Newton, business development manager, UTC Aerospace Systems.
UTC Aerospace Systems’ has nearly 25 TASE imaging systems in service with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. The TASE400 LRS also includes a user interface software tool which provides operators the ability to simultaneously record and disseminate critical data which is a key aspect desired in airborne law enforcement.
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100
- EDA wraps up Fire Blade 2017 exercise in Hungary
- Brazilian military takes delivery of two H225Ms
- BK117 Role Equipment Granted FAA Certification
- Milestone Aviation opens new office in Sydney
- CHI Aviation Awarded Contract With USTRANSCOM