UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will deliver the Cloud Cap Technology TASE400 Long Range Spotter (LRS) imaging system to Tulare County Sheriff’s Office in California for use in its air support aircraft. The TASE400 LRS was chosen because of its high performance and low size, weight and power architecture.
The sheriff’s office plans to use the TASE400 LRS system’s infrared imaging sensor and color cameras in the department’s airplane which will aid Tulare County deputies during periods of limited visibility, darkness and low ambient light conditions.
“The Tulare Sheriff’s Office will be able to track fixed or moving objects of interest, and easily mark and report on them day or night,” said Tulare County Sergeant Dave Williams.
Weighing less than nine pounds, the system can be easily mounted to fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and aerostats (tethered balloons). The TASE400 LRS offers two color cameras and a mid-wave infrared imaging system. All of the cameras are designed to provide superior high-definition imagery, which can lead to enhanced situational awareness and protection for deputies and citizens alike.
“Tulare County will be able to use imagery and data collected by the TASE400 LRS in its efforts to provide a swifter response to calls, protect citizens’ property and enhance deputy safety,” said Todd Newton, business development manager, UTC Aerospace Systems.
UTC Aerospace Systems’ has nearly 25 TASE imaging systems in service with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. The TASE400 LRS also includes a user interface software tool which provides operators the ability to simultaneously record and disseminate critical data which is a key aspect desired in airborne law enforcement.
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns