UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will deliver the Cloud Cap Technology TASE400 Long Range Spotter (LRS) imaging system to Tulare County Sheriff’s Office in California for use in its air support aircraft. The TASE400 LRS was chosen because of its high performance and low size, weight and power architecture.
The sheriff’s office plans to use the TASE400 LRS system’s infrared imaging sensor and color cameras in the department’s airplane which will aid Tulare County deputies during periods of limited visibility, darkness and low ambient light conditions.
“The Tulare Sheriff’s Office will be able to track fixed or moving objects of interest, and easily mark and report on them day or night,” said Tulare County Sergeant Dave Williams.
Weighing less than nine pounds, the system can be easily mounted to fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and aerostats (tethered balloons). The TASE400 LRS offers two color cameras and a mid-wave infrared imaging system. All of the cameras are designed to provide superior high-definition imagery, which can lead to enhanced situational awareness and protection for deputies and citizens alike.
“Tulare County will be able to use imagery and data collected by the TASE400 LRS in its efforts to provide a swifter response to calls, protect citizens’ property and enhance deputy safety,” said Todd Newton, business development manager, UTC Aerospace Systems.
UTC Aerospace Systems’ has nearly 25 TASE imaging systems in service with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. The TASE400 LRS also includes a user interface software tool which provides operators the ability to simultaneously record and disseminate critical data which is a key aspect desired in airborne law enforcement.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023