UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will deliver the Cloud Cap Technology TASE400 Long Range Spotter (LRS) imaging system to Tulare County Sheriff’s Office in California for use in its air support aircraft. The TASE400 LRS was chosen because of its high performance and low size, weight and power architecture.
The sheriff’s office plans to use the TASE400 LRS system’s infrared imaging sensor and color cameras in the department’s airplane which will aid Tulare County deputies during periods of limited visibility, darkness and low ambient light conditions.
“The Tulare Sheriff’s Office will be able to track fixed or moving objects of interest, and easily mark and report on them day or night,” said Tulare County Sergeant Dave Williams.
Weighing less than nine pounds, the system can be easily mounted to fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and aerostats (tethered balloons). The TASE400 LRS offers two color cameras and a mid-wave infrared imaging system. All of the cameras are designed to provide superior high-definition imagery, which can lead to enhanced situational awareness and protection for deputies and citizens alike.
“Tulare County will be able to use imagery and data collected by the TASE400 LRS in its efforts to provide a swifter response to calls, protect citizens’ property and enhance deputy safety,” said Todd Newton, business development manager, UTC Aerospace Systems.
UTC Aerospace Systems’ has nearly 25 TASE imaging systems in service with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. The TASE400 LRS also includes a user interface software tool which provides operators the ability to simultaneously record and disseminate critical data which is a key aspect desired in airborne law enforcement.
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation