China has updated several of their WZ-10 combat helicopters, which have been serving as anti-tank warfare for 4 years, to be equipped for air to air combat. The choppers have been equipped with cannons, guided missiles and machine guns. These updated WZ-10s have been delivered to a unit of the PLA’s 13th Group Army, adding to their fleet of WZ-9 and WZ-19’s.
As reported by Sputnik News, aviation specialist Wu Peixin has said that the army would now benefit from medium-lift, multipurpose helicopters similar to the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, which the US Army currently uses.
The government would like to increase their fleet from 1000 aircraft to 3000. In the aims of growing their fleet, they have also begun testing the stealth fighter J-20 aircraft. Two have been built, with six more in progress.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%