China has updated several of their WZ-10 combat helicopters, which have been serving as anti-tank warfare for 4 years, to be equipped for air to air combat. The choppers have been equipped with cannons, guided missiles and machine guns. These updated WZ-10s have been delivered to a unit of the PLA’s 13th Group Army, adding to their fleet of WZ-9 and WZ-19’s.
As reported by Sputnik News, aviation specialist Wu Peixin has said that the army would now benefit from medium-lift, multipurpose helicopters similar to the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, which the US Army currently uses.
The government would like to increase their fleet from 1000 aircraft to 3000. In the aims of growing their fleet, they have also begun testing the stealth fighter J-20 aircraft. Two have been built, with six more in progress.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin