The U.S. Army has selected Rockwell Collins to service the MFD-268C4 multi-function display (MFD) units for its UH-60M Black Hawk fleet under a five-year firm-fixed-price, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract. This is a follow-on contract that continues the Army’s relationship with Rockwell Collins for long-term support of the program.
“Whether the displays are in need of an upgrade, repair or modification, this agreement provides Army UH-60M operators peace of mind that we’ll get them operational as soon as possible,” said Thierry Tosi, vice president and general manager, Service Solutions for Rockwell Collins.
Installed on the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters, the MFD-268C4 displays provide advanced graphic engines, safety critical processing, and Active Matrix LCD technologies, as well as multiple video interfaces. Proven in over 10 years of operational use, MFD units deliver primary flight and mission display functions for the Black Hawk’s demanding multi-mission role. The MFD-268C4 displays are based on the proven Open System Architecture design features of the Flight2™ product line.
The MFD-268C4 displays will be repaired in Rockwell Collins’ Atlanta Service Center. The Service Center processes 1,300 customer goods per month, consisting of 450 different equipment types from 550 different customers. The equipment that is repaired, modified and upgraded ranges from displays, flight controls, weather radar and navigation equipment to Flight Management Systems and communications equipment. The Service Center was established in 1975 and services the Air Transport, Regional, Government and Military markets.
The firm-fixed-price contract covers repairs and service bulletins for MFD-268C4 displays in all of the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawks including those used by UH-60M foreign military sales customers.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%