The U.S. Army has selected Rockwell Collins to service the MFD-268C4 multi-function display (MFD) units for its UH-60M Black Hawk fleet under a five-year firm-fixed-price, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract. This is a follow-on contract that continues the Army’s relationship with Rockwell Collins for long-term support of the program.
“Whether the displays are in need of an upgrade, repair or modification, this agreement provides Army UH-60M operators peace of mind that we’ll get them operational as soon as possible,” said Thierry Tosi, vice president and general manager, Service Solutions for Rockwell Collins.
Installed on the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters, the MFD-268C4 displays provide advanced graphic engines, safety critical processing, and Active Matrix LCD technologies, as well as multiple video interfaces. Proven in over 10 years of operational use, MFD units deliver primary flight and mission display functions for the Black Hawk’s demanding multi-mission role. The MFD-268C4 displays are based on the proven Open System Architecture design features of the Flight2™ product line.
The MFD-268C4 displays will be repaired in Rockwell Collins’ Atlanta Service Center. The Service Center processes 1,300 customer goods per month, consisting of 450 different equipment types from 550 different customers. The equipment that is repaired, modified and upgraded ranges from displays, flight controls, weather radar and navigation equipment to Flight Management Systems and communications equipment. The Service Center was established in 1975 and services the Air Transport, Regional, Government and Military markets.
The firm-fixed-price contract covers repairs and service bulletins for MFD-268C4 displays in all of the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawks including those used by UH-60M foreign military sales customers.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad