A national search and rescue (SAR) exercise conducted in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, from September 18-24 highlighted the importance of conducting real-world SAR missions and training to ensure crews are ready to respond when Canadians are in distress. The value of the exercise was further underlined when exercise participants unexpectedly provided real-time assistance to a canoeist in distress on Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories, and, in a separate incident, rescued four individuals from a remote area near Ulukhaktok, Northwest Territories.
This annual national exercise, National SAREX 2016, involved more than 230 participants and international guest observers. The training brought together the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Public Safety Canada and Transport Canada. The Civil Air Search and Rescue Association (CASARA), The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and ground search and rescue elements also played a prominent role during the major air disaster simulation that took place on Friday, September 23, 2016.
Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) personnel from across Canada have now returned home after participating in the exercise, which provided a valuable opportunity for the RCAF’s search and rescue (SAR) community to enhance readiness by participating in challenging training.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride