Faculty members and students from Amarillo College were proud to see their hard work pay off this past Saturday. The Happy State Bank-Randall County Event Centre held a dedication ceremony to the full restored Vietnam War-era Huey 68-16179.
According to Terry Smith, the coordinator of AC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, his students leapt at the chance to volunteer. Their restoration work consisted of replacing windows, polishing glass, repainting the newly refurbished armour plated pilot seats and window frames. Eddie Casias, the instructor in the Automotive Collision Technology Program had eighteen students help, with the right frame of mind, he says.
“They took the meaning of it to heart.”
The finished craft will be on display at the Texas Panhandle War Memorial, reports The Kathryn Report.
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON