Faculty members and students from Amarillo College were proud to see their hard work pay off this past Saturday. The Happy State Bank-Randall County Event Centre held a dedication ceremony to the full restored Vietnam War-era Huey 68-16179.
According to Terry Smith, the coordinator of AC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, his students leapt at the chance to volunteer. Their restoration work consisted of replacing windows, polishing glass, repainting the newly refurbished armour plated pilot seats and window frames. Eddie Casias, the instructor in the Automotive Collision Technology Program had eighteen students help, with the right frame of mind, he says.
“They took the meaning of it to heart.”
The finished craft will be on display at the Texas Panhandle War Memorial, reports The Kathryn Report.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter