ReportsnReports.com adds new research report – Global Helicopter Blades Market 2016-2020. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global helicopter blades market for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of main rotor blade and tail rotor blade.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/729148-global-helicopter-blades-market-2016-2020.html
The following companies are the key players in the global helicopter blades market: Advanced Technologies, Carson Helicopters, Erickson, GKN Aerospace, and Kaman.
The analysts forecast global helicopter blades market to grow at a CAGR of 5% during the period 2016-2020. Commenting on the report, an analyst said: “One trend gaining traction in this market is the emergence of electrical tail rotor. The trend of the increased use of electrical systems in fixed-wing aircraft is influencing their use in rotor aircraft. Their installation increases the overall system efficiency, reduces fuel burns, and results in lower maintenance costs. In addition, they help in reducing the noise. Currently, most of the helicopter tail rotors are mechanically driven by the main turbine through a mechanical shaft and gears that results in high fuel consumption, noise, and low efficiency.”
According to the report, Development of swashplateless helicopter blade pitch control systems will drive the market of global helicopter blades. The blade pitch control systems of helicopters form a complex arrangement. They involve transmission control units in the non-rotating frame to the blades in a rotating frame through swashplates. This arrangement results in a high maintenance workload and a downward force drag. Helicopters, in comparison to fixed-wing aircraft, experience excessive vibration, which results in structural fatigue and low system reliability. Due to the mechanical coupling between swashplate pitch links, complex pitch controls cannot be applied, which in turn, lowers the performance of a helicopter, affecting passenger comfort and necessitating an effectual control mechanism. In order to minimize the vibration level, improve pitch control, and improve the performance of helicopters, vendors are currently focusing on the development of swashplateless helicopter blades.
Further, the report states that challenges of non-destructive testing for fiber composite materials will restrict the growth in the market. The design and production methods used for the development of helicopter blades are focused on enabling high performance. Mostly, these initiatives reflect the development of lightweight rotor blades for providing high thrust. Presently, most helicopter structures are composed of fiber composite materials. Helicopter rotor blades consist of complex monolithic carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) laminates. Design and production processes are adapted for high performance FRP structures to reach the specified requirements for quality, functionality, and safety.
The report, Global Helicopter Blades Market 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police