In the last couple of weeks, Airbus Helicopters has delivered the three H145 helicopters from the factory in Germany for Wales Air Ambulance (WAA). Painted in red overall, they have been delivered to Babcock MCS Onshore, who will both carry out the interior medical completion and then operate them for WAA. They will replace three EC135s, while the fourth EC135 will be retained for the time being.
Arriving on German test flight registrations, the trio have now been added to the UK CAA register, with the registrations clearly chosen with some intention. Here they are, followed by the translation of the Welsh word to English.
G-OLWG golwg = look
G-WENU gwenu = smile
G-WOBR gwobr = reward
Once Babcock completes the interiors, we expect to start seeing the first of these three helicopters in operation from approximately April 2017.
Wales has long been proud of its heritage and approximately 20% of the country’s 3.1 million population speak Welsh as their first language. The UK is also devolving some powers to the Welsh Assembly, including housing, highways, agriculture and education.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- New Life Star Hangar in Meriden
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Airbus Helicopters at Helitech 2016
- Royal Thai Navy Receives 5 H145Ms
- Metro Aviation Launches Air Medical Service
- Metro Aviation launches service with West Michigan Air Care
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints four Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine consultants
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance prepare to launch first H145 in early September
- Memorial Hermann Life Flight celebrates 40 years
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Metro Aviation delivers first EC145e to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta
- CMC systems selected for Sécurité Civile EC145 upgrades
- CAE confirms sale and details of seven FTDs for UK
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight names two new Medical Affairs Managers