In the last couple of weeks, Airbus Helicopters has delivered the three H145 helicopters from the factory in Germany for Wales Air Ambulance (WAA). Painted in red overall, they have been delivered to Babcock MCS Onshore, who will both carry out the interior medical completion and then operate them for WAA. They will replace three EC135s, while the fourth EC135 will be retained for the time being.
Arriving on German test flight registrations, the trio have now been added to the UK CAA register, with the registrations clearly chosen with some intention. Here they are, followed by the translation of the Welsh word to English.
G-OLWG golwg = look
G-WENU gwenu = smile
G-WOBR gwobr = reward
Once Babcock completes the interiors, we expect to start seeing the first of these three helicopters in operation from approximately April 2017.
Wales has long been proud of its heritage and approximately 20% of the country’s 3.1 million population speak Welsh as their first language. The UK is also devolving some powers to the Welsh Assembly, including housing, highways, agriculture and education.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175