With the signing of these agreements, KONGSBERG will provide the MRO of dynamic components for a fleet of over 100 designated helicopters flying in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Canada.
Leonardo Helicopters (formerly AgustaWestland) and KONGSBERG have maintained a solid business relationship for more than 30 years. The extended co-operation confirmed by the signing of today’s agreements represent potential revenues of about EUR 300 million over the next 30 years for KONGSBERG.
Key elements of the agreements are related to the establishment of advanced test equipment, including a Multi-Purpose Test Bench, which will enable full functional testing of gear boxes for different helicopter types at KONGSBERG’s facilities in Norway.
In December 2013, Leonardo signed a contract with the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security for the supply of 16 (plus an option for 6 more) AW101 search and rescue helicopters (SAR).
“We are excited that we can grow our helicopter MRO business together with Leonardo as a valued partner and that we now will establish extensive gear box testing capabilities at KONGSBERG for Norway and international customers”, says Terje Bråthen, Executive Vice President Aerostructures, Kongsberg Defence Systems.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years