With the signing of these agreements, KONGSBERG will provide the MRO of dynamic components for a fleet of over 100 designated helicopters flying in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Canada.
Leonardo Helicopters (formerly AgustaWestland) and KONGSBERG have maintained a solid business relationship for more than 30 years. The extended co-operation confirmed by the signing of today’s agreements represent potential revenues of about EUR 300 million over the next 30 years for KONGSBERG.
Key elements of the agreements are related to the establishment of advanced test equipment, including a Multi-Purpose Test Bench, which will enable full functional testing of gear boxes for different helicopter types at KONGSBERG’s facilities in Norway.
In December 2013, Leonardo signed a contract with the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security for the supply of 16 (plus an option for 6 more) AW101 search and rescue helicopters (SAR).
“We are excited that we can grow our helicopter MRO business together with Leonardo as a valued partner and that we now will establish extensive gear box testing capabilities at KONGSBERG for Norway and international customers”, says Terje Bråthen, Executive Vice President Aerostructures, Kongsberg Defence Systems.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30