“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017