“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries Signs Sikorsky Deal
- Coast Guard Budgets for New Hangar
- National Grid moves to Robinson R44s for UK gas pipeline contract
- VNH Training Center receive the third Cabri G2 Helicopter
- Announcing M International’s $125,000.00 Accessory Cash Giveaway
- JETNET Attending 2017 HAI Heli-Expo
- Able Debuts Virtual Tours, Touchscreens at New Heli-Expo Booth
- Vector Aerospace leases five AS332L Super Puma helicopters to Starlite Aviation
- FAA Announces Aviation Safety Rating for Kenya
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- Ukrainian LCH KT122 – UOP Premiere at Idex 2017
- Dutch shipbuilder Damen launches superyacht support vessel with helipad and hangar
- Traverse City Coast Guard to Receive Fleet Upgrade
- Satellite Tracking for UTair Helicopter Services
- Los Angeles Police Dept order four airbus H125
- New Helicopter Tours Announced in Costa Rica
- KABC-TV Unveils State-of-the-art AIR7HD
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas
- Bell delivers first fully customized aircraft from Prague Facility
- Huangling Turns into a Golden Field of Seasonal Wonder as Spring Arrives