“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- Bell and DART partner for Bell 505 emergency flotation system STC
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia
- Fatal Indiana Crash Under Investigation
- Russian Helicopters introduce after-sales service concept for Russian rotorcraft in India
- Boston MedFlight Completes FAA Part 135 Certificate Licensure
- New Helicopter Aircrew Training System at HMAS Albatross
- Southeast Aerospace receives the FAA’s Gold Award of Excellence