“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- PAC performs facelift on Michigan State Police Huey
- AeroBrigham seals Deal to Represent Serastar
- NY Environmental Protection Police buy AW119Kx
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- FAA Approval for Redbird Flight VTO Helicopter Trainer
- San Bernandino Sherriff Acquires H125
- Bell to work with PGZ on UH-1Y in addition to AH-1Z
- NEMSPA opens nominations for two awards
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Heli-One USA Celebrates 10 Years of Service
- Eagle Australasia proud to help the local community
- Sikorsky sets up EMS championship in Poland with Black Hawks
- FAA shakes up Certification team
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Kaman announces date for FY2017Q2 earnings
- Garmin Pilot Adds Features for Android and Apple App
- Final Delivery Bell Huey II helicopters delivered to Kenya Air Force
- Russian Helicopters sell 10 aircraft to China
- Airbus awarded patent for connection joint for attaching an airfoil blade to a helicopter’s bearingless main rotor
- Honeywell International awarded $9M contract for delivery for V-22 aircraft side air panel assemblies