“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly