“It is important to note that Dr. Butler received 100 percent endorsement from everyone involved in this search. From the members of the Presidential Search Committee and the Faculty Advisory Committee all of the way through the short list to the final approval of the Board of Trustees, there was one name that consistently rose to the top. And that was Dr. Butler,” said Mori Hosseini, Chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Presidential Search Committee.
Dr. Butler will assume his position as president on March 13.
“I’m thrilled to be named Embry-Riddle’s next president and look forward to building upon the outstanding global reputation of the university,” said Dr. Butler. “The energy and passion of the faculty, students, staff and Board members I’ve met throughout the interview process made it clear I’m joining a very special institution.”
Dr. Butler joined the University of Iowa faculty in 1984 as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and progressed to the rank of professor. Other positions held by Dr. Butler at UI include Department Executive Officer of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Interim Dean and Dean of Engineering. As provost at UI, Dr. Butler has been responsible for more than 100 academic programs in the university’s 11 colleges. While he was dean, the College of Engineering experienced record growth in undergraduate enrollment, external research funding and private support for faculty development, programmatic initiatives, facility improvements and student scholarships.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services