FlightSafety International now offers FAA-approved Part 142 Night Vision Goggle initial training for the Airbus Helicopters H135, Bell 212, and Bell 412EP using Level D qualified simulators. FlightSafety also introduces an NVG eLearning recurrent course.
“The ongoing expansion of our NVG training for helicopter pilots demonstrates our investment and commitment to providing the highest quality training for this critically important technology,” said Steve Gross, Senior Vice President, Sales.
The initial training is designed to provide in-depth instruction on the equipment and focus on the efficient and effective use of the goggles through scenario based and mission specific exercises. It includes eight hours of ground school and eight hours of training in an advanced Level D qualified simulator that features the company’s industry-leading VITAL 1100 visual system.
The simulators are NVG qualified by the FAA’s National Simulator Program. The qualification was received after thorough evaluation and demonstration of the simulator’s ability to accurately represent Night Vision Goggle operations.
The recurrent course provides an extensive review of NVG operational techniques during all phases of flight. Topics include Limitations and Flight Operations; Aeromedical Factors; Normal, Abnormal, and Emergency Operation; Performance and Scene Interpretation; Flight Planning; as well as Night Interpretation and Factors Affecting Interpretation. It also covers NVG regulatory and procedural guidance FAA 61.31(k) (1).
FlightSafety provides training for helicopters built by Airbus Helicopters, Bell Helicopter, Leonardo Helicopters, and Sikorsky. Courses are offered at two locations in Dallas, Texas and in Denver, Colorado; at the Farnborough airport in the United Kingdom; Lafayette, Louisiana; Singapore; Stavanger, Norway; West Palm Beach, Florida; and at Metro Aviation’s Helicopter Flight Training Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone