Airbus has delivered the 700th helicopter into the Canadian market, an H125 to the Nova Scotia Ministry of Natural Resources. The ministry’s mandate includes; development, management, conservation and protection of forest, mineral, parks and wildlife resources as well as, administration of the province’s crown land.
The aircraft delivery is part of a fleet renewal for the province following a competitive process and will be the first delivery of three H125’s, with an option for a fourth, that has been awarded to Airbus. The aircraft will be flown in the province of Nova Scotia, supporting a variety of missions including; Search and Rescue, Firefighting, Wildlife Surveys and Passenger Transport.
“The H125 is a reliable and versatile aircraft that we are proud to deliver into the province of Nova Scotia. It is extremely fitting that our 700th milestone is associated with the H125, the most popular aircraft flying in Canada today.” said Mr. Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “We appreciate that the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources continues to trust in Airbus products and services and we look forward to supporting their operations for years to come”.
This will be the second delivery for Airbus to the province of Nova Scotia. The Airbus H125 was selected as it outclasses all other single-engine helicopters for performance, versatility, safety, low maintenance and low acquisition costs, while exceeding expectation in extreme environments. With built-in maneuverability, excellent visibility and low vibration levels in the cabin, the H125 has earned its reputation as a true multi-mission workhorse.
The H125 has been customized with a variety of Airbus engineered optional equipment including; Glass Cockpit, Floor Window, High-Visibility Doors, Cable Cutters, Cargo Mirror and Cargo Pods. With its exceptional lift capability, high endurance, extended range and fast cruise speed, the H125 will excel in supporting Nova Scotia Ministry of Natural Resources’ mission requirements.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years