The AgustaWestland AW139 and AW169 continue to be selected as preferred platforms by discerning corporate and VIP customers, with additional sales of both types accelerating in early 2017.
An AW169 has been sold to a US corporate customer just as the company has recently achieved FAA certification of the type, with another sold to a Mexican customer, and three additional AW169s sold to two different customers in Brasil. A further sale of an AW139 to a US corporate customer now increases the total of the type operating within the corporate and VIP segment in North America to more than 25.
The new generation AW169 meets corporate customer preferences and features innovative safety characteristics. As with all of the company’s VIP configured aircraft, the AW169 features comfortable interiors, a high capacity baggage compartment, engineering improvements to lessen cabin noise and vibration, and proper climate control in all operating environments.
With the first two AW169s recently entering into service in South America, in Brazil and Argentina, two service and support centers in the region, AgustaWestland do Brasil and Helipark, have recently been certified to provide support to the AW169. This includes periodic airframe maintenance inspections on all AW169 helicopters, in addition to the AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s currently in service in the region, as well as after-market airframe and warranty support.
- HeliRussia 2018 to be held at a new venue
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- CAMTS 2017 Best Practices
- Sikorsky considers local Black Hawk if it wins Romanian order
- Las Vegas Police show new H145 to local press
- Taiwan Coast Guard requests budget for 30 drones
- Blue Sky Network Confirms Commitment to Brazil
- Thommen and Blue Wolf announce dealership agreement
- UK Perspective on Military Helicopter Flight Training will be delivered by St Andrew’s Aviation
- Oceania Aviation acquires Helicare Maintenance
- Lockheed Martin completes testing of Radar Warning Receiver for USAF CRH program
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital’s new helipad receives first air ambulance
- Russia certifies Mil Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters concludes training of foreign technical personnel
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- CAMTS EU Accreditation Standards Comment Period Open
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad