The AgustaWestland AW139 and AW169 continue to be selected as preferred platforms by discerning corporate and VIP customers, with additional sales of both types accelerating in early 2017.
An AW169 has been sold to a US corporate customer just as the company has recently achieved FAA certification of the type, with another sold to a Mexican customer, and three additional AW169s sold to two different customers in Brasil. A further sale of an AW139 to a US corporate customer now increases the total of the type operating within the corporate and VIP segment in North America to more than 25.
The new generation AW169 meets corporate customer preferences and features innovative safety characteristics. As with all of the company’s VIP configured aircraft, the AW169 features comfortable interiors, a high capacity baggage compartment, engineering improvements to lessen cabin noise and vibration, and proper climate control in all operating environments.
With the first two AW169s recently entering into service in South America, in Brazil and Argentina, two service and support centers in the region, AgustaWestland do Brasil and Helipark, have recently been certified to provide support to the AW169. This includes periodic airframe maintenance inspections on all AW169 helicopters, in addition to the AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s currently in service in the region, as well as after-market airframe and warranty support.
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours
- Israeli Air Force Fleet Grounded
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS