The AgustaWestland AW139 and AW169 continue to be selected as preferred platforms by discerning corporate and VIP customers, with additional sales of both types accelerating in early 2017.
An AW169 has been sold to a US corporate customer just as the company has recently achieved FAA certification of the type, with another sold to a Mexican customer, and three additional AW169s sold to two different customers in Brasil. A further sale of an AW139 to a US corporate customer now increases the total of the type operating within the corporate and VIP segment in North America to more than 25.
The new generation AW169 meets corporate customer preferences and features innovative safety characteristics. As with all of the company’s VIP configured aircraft, the AW169 features comfortable interiors, a high capacity baggage compartment, engineering improvements to lessen cabin noise and vibration, and proper climate control in all operating environments.
With the first two AW169s recently entering into service in South America, in Brazil and Argentina, two service and support centers in the region, AgustaWestland do Brasil and Helipark, have recently been certified to provide support to the AW169. This includes periodic airframe maintenance inspections on all AW169 helicopters, in addition to the AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s currently in service in the region, as well as after-market airframe and warranty support.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills