Sikorsky, PHI Inc. and Outerlink Global Solutions, a Metro Aviation company, today announced that the S-92® helicopter has demonstrated the ability to transmit in-flight, real-time Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) data to PHI’s operations control center. The announcement came at the 2017 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show.
With this new capability, PHI operators can view, assess and track important aircraft health data and provide additional information to aircraft crew and ground support teams to enhance operational and maintenance decisions. Implemented with an open architecture-based system solution, connectivity with additional existing global satellite networks is intended to support the global S-92 fleet.
“Safety is our top priority at Sikorsky,” said Sikorsky’s Vice President for Commercial Systems & Services, Dana Fiatarone. “Developing this directly with our long-time customer and operator, PHI, while employing Metro Aviation’s technology, allows us to ensure we are meeting our customers’ needs and furthering safety of rotorcraft flight.”
“PHI believes this technology is a real step forward, and we are honored to have partnered with Sikorsky and Metro Aviation to help bring this new advancement in safety to our industry,” said Lance Bospflug, Chief Operating Officer, PHI, Inc. “This new solution enhances flight crew decision making and improves support from the Operations Control Center by providing both with real-time aircraft health information.”
“We are bringing revolutionary technology to our industry,” said Metro Aviation President Mike Stanberry. “We now have the ability to predict events by analyzing historical data in real-time. That innovation helps operators more efficiently run their fleet and could very well be lifesaving.”
Sikorsky and PHI have done business for more than 60 years. The PHI fleet currently features 70 commercial Sikorsky aircraft throughout the world.
Since 2004, Sikorsky has delivered more than 275 S-92 helicopters, predominantly to operators serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas industry.
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Waypoint Delivers 2 helicopters to Omni
- HNZ Group announces offshore SAR contract in Australia
- 02-May-17 G-MCGG Sikorsky S92 Kirkfieldbank, UK
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92