Bob and Steven Dengler, a father-son team, and pilot Rob MacDuff, announced today in the Bell Helicopter booth at Heli-Expo 2017 that this summer, they will fly their first ever Canadian around-the-world helicopter flight in their Bell 429.
Bob, Steven and Rob joined Bell Helicopter leadership in their booth to announce their plans and celebrate this momentous flight.
The trip, known as the C150 Global Odyssey, will be flown as part of the official celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Canada’s confederation on July 1, 2017. The Denglers’ privately-owned Bell 429 will fly more than 37,000 km in just over one month. Starting in the nation’s capital on July 1, 2017 and zigzagging the globe, the crew will visit more than 100 airports in 14 countries as they circumnavigate the world.
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that provides customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
“Bell Helicopter is proud to support the team in this journey around the world and are honored they have placed their trust in the Bell 429,” said Glenn Isbell, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Customer Support and Services. “We are also delighted to provide a reliable solution through CAP to bring enhanced support to their operations.”
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that will provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
As part of the historic trip, C150GO is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization developed to support and raise funds for both the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation and True Patriot Love Foundation. In addition to raising funds for these groups, C150GO is focused on capturing the attention of Canadians across the country as they celebrate 150 years of Confederation.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years