Bob and Steven Dengler, a father-son team, and pilot Rob MacDuff, announced today in the Bell Helicopter booth at Heli-Expo 2017 that this summer, they will fly their first ever Canadian around-the-world helicopter flight in their Bell 429.
Bob, Steven and Rob joined Bell Helicopter leadership in their booth to announce their plans and celebrate this momentous flight.
The trip, known as the C150 Global Odyssey, will be flown as part of the official celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Canada’s confederation on July 1, 2017. The Denglers’ privately-owned Bell 429 will fly more than 37,000 km in just over one month. Starting in the nation’s capital on July 1, 2017 and zigzagging the globe, the crew will visit more than 100 airports in 14 countries as they circumnavigate the world.
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that provides customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
“Bell Helicopter is proud to support the team in this journey around the world and are honored they have placed their trust in the Bell 429,” said Glenn Isbell, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Customer Support and Services. “We are also delighted to provide a reliable solution through CAP to bring enhanced support to their operations.”
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that will provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
As part of the historic trip, C150GO is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization developed to support and raise funds for both the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation and True Patriot Love Foundation. In addition to raising funds for these groups, C150GO is focused on capturing the attention of Canadians across the country as they celebrate 150 years of Confederation.
- Sikorsky considers local Black Hawk if it wins Romanian order
- Las Vegas Police show new H145 to local press
- Taiwan Coast Guard requests budget for 30 drones
- Blue Sky Network Confirms Commitment to Brazil
- Thommen and Blue Wolf announce dealership agreement
- UK Perspective on Military Helicopter Flight Training will be delivered by St Andrew’s Aviation
- Oceania Aviation acquires Helicare Maintenance
- Lockheed Martin completes testing of Radar Warning Receiver for USAF CRH program
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital’s new helipad receives first air ambulance
- Russia certifies Mil Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters concludes training of foreign technical personnel
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- CAMTS EU Accreditation Standards Comment Period Open
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments