Bob and Steven Dengler, a father-son team, and pilot Rob MacDuff, announced today in the Bell Helicopter booth at Heli-Expo 2017 that this summer, they will fly their first ever Canadian around-the-world helicopter flight in their Bell 429.
Bob, Steven and Rob joined Bell Helicopter leadership in their booth to announce their plans and celebrate this momentous flight.
The trip, known as the C150 Global Odyssey, will be flown as part of the official celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Canada’s confederation on July 1, 2017. The Denglers’ privately-owned Bell 429 will fly more than 37,000 km in just over one month. Starting in the nation’s capital on July 1, 2017 and zigzagging the globe, the crew will visit more than 100 airports in 14 countries as they circumnavigate the world.
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that provides customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
“Bell Helicopter is proud to support the team in this journey around the world and are honored they have placed their trust in the Bell 429,” said Glenn Isbell, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Customer Support and Services. “We are also delighted to provide a reliable solution through CAP to bring enhanced support to their operations.”
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that will provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
As part of the historic trip, C150GO is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization developed to support and raise funds for both the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation and True Patriot Love Foundation. In addition to raising funds for these groups, C150GO is focused on capturing the attention of Canadians across the country as they celebrate 150 years of Confederation.
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters