Bob and Steven Dengler, a father-son team, and pilot Rob MacDuff, announced today in the Bell Helicopter booth at Heli-Expo 2017 that this summer, they will fly their first ever Canadian around-the-world helicopter flight in their Bell 429.
Bob, Steven and Rob joined Bell Helicopter leadership in their booth to announce their plans and celebrate this momentous flight.
The trip, known as the C150 Global Odyssey, will be flown as part of the official celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Canada’s confederation on July 1, 2017. The Denglers’ privately-owned Bell 429 will fly more than 37,000 km in just over one month. Starting in the nation’s capital on July 1, 2017 and zigzagging the globe, the crew will visit more than 100 airports in 14 countries as they circumnavigate the world.
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that provides customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
“Bell Helicopter is proud to support the team in this journey around the world and are honored they have placed their trust in the Bell 429,” said Glenn Isbell, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Customer Support and Services. “We are also delighted to provide a reliable solution through CAP to bring enhanced support to their operations.”
The Bell 429 will be covered by Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) that will provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. Since its launch, the innovative support solution has gained traction across the globe – with current customers represented in North America, Latin America and Europe.
As part of the historic trip, C150GO is a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization developed to support and raise funds for both the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation and True Patriot Love Foundation. In addition to raising funds for these groups, C150GO is focused on capturing the attention of Canadians across the country as they celebrate 150 years of Confederation.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away