As the Bell 505 gets certified and starts flying with customers, it is thus appropriate to mark the final closure of the Bell 206 series production lines. Bell have recently confirmed to HeliHub.com that 2017 is indeed the last year of production for the seven seat 206L4 LongRanger IV. The five seat Bell 206B JetRanger line closed back in 2010.
Only four months ago we noted that 88% of the 206L4 production over the last two years was for one customer – Air Evac Lifeteam –
If you look at the last six years, Bell have built 69 Bell 206L4 LongRanger 4 helicopters – serial numbers 52423 to 52491 – and 49 were for Air Evac Lifeteam, 71% of the total.
But it begs the question as to what Bell might offer in the future for a 6-7 seat single turbine. Is a Bell 505L LongRanger X a possibility? We are sure Bell would not want to leave that market to the AW119Kx and the EC130 (and perhaps the MD6XX being shown in concept form by MD Helicopters at Heli-Expo this week).
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion