As the Bell 505 gets certified and starts flying with customers, it is thus appropriate to mark the final closure of the Bell 206 series production lines. Bell have recently confirmed to HeliHub.com that 2017 is indeed the last year of production for the seven seat 206L4 LongRanger IV. The five seat Bell 206B JetRanger line closed back in 2010.
Only four months ago we noted that 88% of the 206L4 production over the last two years was for one customer – Air Evac Lifeteam –
If you look at the last six years, Bell have built 69 Bell 206L4 LongRanger 4 helicopters – serial numbers 52423 to 52491 – and 49 were for Air Evac Lifeteam, 71% of the total.
But it begs the question as to what Bell might offer in the future for a 6-7 seat single turbine. Is a Bell 505L LongRanger X a possibility? We are sure Bell would not want to leave that market to the AW119Kx and the EC130 (and perhaps the MD6XX being shown in concept form by MD Helicopters at Heli-Expo this week).
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April