As the Bell 505 gets certified and starts flying with customers, it is thus appropriate to mark the final closure of the Bell 206 series production lines. Bell have recently confirmed to HeliHub.com that 2017 is indeed the last year of production for the seven seat 206L4 LongRanger IV. The five seat Bell 206B JetRanger line closed back in 2010.
Only four months ago we noted that 88% of the 206L4 production over the last two years was for one customer – Air Evac Lifeteam –
If you look at the last six years, Bell have built 69 Bell 206L4 LongRanger 4 helicopters – serial numbers 52423 to 52491 – and 49 were for Air Evac Lifeteam, 71% of the total.
But it begs the question as to what Bell might offer in the future for a 6-7 seat single turbine. Is a Bell 505L LongRanger X a possibility? We are sure Bell would not want to leave that market to the AW119Kx and the EC130 (and perhaps the MD6XX being shown in concept form by MD Helicopters at Heli-Expo this week).
- Sundance Helicopters partners with Las Vegas Outdoor Adventures
- Caverton Helicopters buys eight Bell 407GXPs
- Russian Helicopters produced the first Mi-28UB
- Indian Army to buy six AH-64E Apaches
- 24 month approval given for UK windfarm heliport
- Bishops demand helicopters for police in Ghana
- Charity Canvasser Fired after Helipad Fundraising Scam
- HeliRussia 2018 to be held at a new venue
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- CAMTS 2017 Best Practices
- Sikorsky considers local Black Hawk if it wins Romanian order
- Las Vegas Police show new H145 to local press
- Taiwan Coast Guard requests budget for 30 drones
- Blue Sky Network Confirms Commitment to Brazil
- Thommen and Blue Wolf announce dealership agreement
- UK Perspective on Military Helicopter Flight Training will be delivered by St Andrew’s Aviation
- Oceania Aviation acquires Helicare Maintenance
- Lockheed Martin completes testing of Radar Warning Receiver for USAF CRH program
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital’s new helipad receives first air ambulance
- Russia certifies Mil Mi-171A2