Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd (GTA), a Malaysian born joint venture with Safran Group has signed a memorandum of understanding providing engine maintenance works for helicopters and aircrafts to Helang Flying Academy Sdn Bhd (HFA).
The MoU signed will see GTA & HFA discussing on Support By the Hour program for the future Safran Helicopter Engine equipment acquisitions and to jointly explore a mutual collaboration in training while respecting both parties’ interest and core business activities.
This contract will cover end to end support, allowing Helang Flying Academy to guarantee the excellence of the fleet of EC120 helicopters that it is currently acquiring. Safran Helicopter Engines will cover all phases of the maintenance process giving Helang Flying Academy a global support system that optimises maintenance costs and ensures on-time performance.
This MoU also covers Helang Flying Academy mechanic training by Safran Helicopter Engines which leads to HFA being the first Safran Helicopter Engines-approved centre for overhaul of helicopter engines in the Asian region.
“Having a well maintained aircraft is just as important as our experienced instructor personnel and experts providing state of the art training to our students. We are confident that GTA will be able to provide exceptional level of service required for our academy”, commented Charles Le Bot, CEO of Helang Flying Academy.
“We are happy to and very excited to supporting Helang Flying Academy in their extensive operations . We are looking forward to daily ensuring excellence in our relations and to play our important role for their fleet availability and ensure safe operations with our engines”, added Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Dato’ Mohd Radzi, GTA Chairman & CEO.
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction