Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd (GTA), a Malaysian born joint venture with Safran Group has signed a memorandum of understanding providing engine maintenance works for helicopters and aircrafts to Helang Flying Academy Sdn Bhd (HFA).
The MoU signed will see GTA & HFA discussing on Support By the Hour program for the future Safran Helicopter Engine equipment acquisitions and to jointly explore a mutual collaboration in training while respecting both parties’ interest and core business activities.
This contract will cover end to end support, allowing Helang Flying Academy to guarantee the excellence of the fleet of EC120 helicopters that it is currently acquiring. Safran Helicopter Engines will cover all phases of the maintenance process giving Helang Flying Academy a global support system that optimises maintenance costs and ensures on-time performance.
This MoU also covers Helang Flying Academy mechanic training by Safran Helicopter Engines which leads to HFA being the first Safran Helicopter Engines-approved centre for overhaul of helicopter engines in the Asian region.
“Having a well maintained aircraft is just as important as our experienced instructor personnel and experts providing state of the art training to our students. We are confident that GTA will be able to provide exceptional level of service required for our academy”, commented Charles Le Bot, CEO of Helang Flying Academy.
“We are happy to and very excited to supporting Helang Flying Academy in their extensive operations . We are looking forward to daily ensuring excellence in our relations and to play our important role for their fleet availability and ensure safe operations with our engines”, added Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Dato’ Mohd Radzi, GTA Chairman & CEO.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved