Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd (GTA), a Malaysian born joint venture with Safran Group has signed a memorandum of understanding providing engine maintenance works for helicopters and aircrafts to Helang Flying Academy Sdn Bhd (HFA).
The MoU signed will see GTA & HFA discussing on Support By the Hour program for the future Safran Helicopter Engine equipment acquisitions and to jointly explore a mutual collaboration in training while respecting both parties’ interest and core business activities.
This contract will cover end to end support, allowing Helang Flying Academy to guarantee the excellence of the fleet of EC120 helicopters that it is currently acquiring. Safran Helicopter Engines will cover all phases of the maintenance process giving Helang Flying Academy a global support system that optimises maintenance costs and ensures on-time performance.
This MoU also covers Helang Flying Academy mechanic training by Safran Helicopter Engines which leads to HFA being the first Safran Helicopter Engines-approved centre for overhaul of helicopter engines in the Asian region.
“Having a well maintained aircraft is just as important as our experienced instructor personnel and experts providing state of the art training to our students. We are confident that GTA will be able to provide exceptional level of service required for our academy”, commented Charles Le Bot, CEO of Helang Flying Academy.
“We are happy to and very excited to supporting Helang Flying Academy in their extensive operations . We are looking forward to daily ensuring excellence in our relations and to play our important role for their fleet availability and ensure safe operations with our engines”, added Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Dato’ Mohd Radzi, GTA Chairman & CEO.
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100