Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd (GTA), a Malaysian born joint venture with Safran Group has signed a memorandum of understanding providing engine maintenance works for helicopters and aircrafts to Helang Flying Academy Sdn Bhd (HFA).
The MoU signed will see GTA & HFA discussing on Support By the Hour program for the future Safran Helicopter Engine equipment acquisitions and to jointly explore a mutual collaboration in training while respecting both parties’ interest and core business activities.
This contract will cover end to end support, allowing Helang Flying Academy to guarantee the excellence of the fleet of EC120 helicopters that it is currently acquiring. Safran Helicopter Engines will cover all phases of the maintenance process giving Helang Flying Academy a global support system that optimises maintenance costs and ensures on-time performance.
This MoU also covers Helang Flying Academy mechanic training by Safran Helicopter Engines which leads to HFA being the first Safran Helicopter Engines-approved centre for overhaul of helicopter engines in the Asian region.
“Having a well maintained aircraft is just as important as our experienced instructor personnel and experts providing state of the art training to our students. We are confident that GTA will be able to provide exceptional level of service required for our academy”, commented Charles Le Bot, CEO of Helang Flying Academy.
“We are happy to and very excited to supporting Helang Flying Academy in their extensive operations . We are looking forward to daily ensuring excellence in our relations and to play our important role for their fleet availability and ensure safe operations with our engines”, added Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Dato’ Mohd Radzi, GTA Chairman & CEO.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018