Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd (GTA), a Malaysian born joint venture with Safran Group has signed a memorandum of understanding providing engine maintenance works for helicopters and aircrafts to Helang Flying Academy Sdn Bhd (HFA).
The MoU signed will see GTA & HFA discussing on Support By the Hour program for the future Safran Helicopter Engine equipment acquisitions and to jointly explore a mutual collaboration in training while respecting both parties’ interest and core business activities.
This contract will cover end to end support, allowing Helang Flying Academy to guarantee the excellence of the fleet of EC120 helicopters that it is currently acquiring. Safran Helicopter Engines will cover all phases of the maintenance process giving Helang Flying Academy a global support system that optimises maintenance costs and ensures on-time performance.
This MoU also covers Helang Flying Academy mechanic training by Safran Helicopter Engines which leads to HFA being the first Safran Helicopter Engines-approved centre for overhaul of helicopter engines in the Asian region.
“Having a well maintained aircraft is just as important as our experienced instructor personnel and experts providing state of the art training to our students. We are confident that GTA will be able to provide exceptional level of service required for our academy”, commented Charles Le Bot, CEO of Helang Flying Academy.
“We are happy to and very excited to supporting Helang Flying Academy in their extensive operations . We are looking forward to daily ensuring excellence in our relations and to play our important role for their fleet availability and ensure safe operations with our engines”, added Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Dato’ Mohd Radzi, GTA Chairman & CEO.
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service