Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN) today announced that Eric B. Remington will become Vice President, Government Relations and Communications and James G. Coogan will become Vice President, Investor Relations effective April 1, 2017. Both officers will report to Robert D. Starr, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Starr said, “Eric has an extensive understanding of the company and its history, management, operations, culture and strategy. His experience with the company and his community service have uniquely qualified him for this position. I believe he is strongly suited for the task of serving as a central point of contact within the company for our various governmental constituencies. In addition, he will continue to build on his existing communications responsibilities to develop and deliver the company’s key messages to audiences both internal and external.”
Remington, a CPA, is currently Kaman’s Vice President, Investor Relations, a role he has held since 2008. He has served in a variety of positions with the company since 1992 including Vice President, Business Development and Assistant Vice President, Internal Audit. Prior to joining Kaman he was a Senior Auditor at Ernst & Young, Hartford.
Remington received his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Western New England University in Springfield, Massachusetts. He has been an active community volunteer and currently serves as Chairman of the Retirement Commission of the Town of Suffield, Connecticut and has previously served the Town in elected positions as a member of the Board of Selectmen and Board of Education. Eric has served in numerous additional community service roles and is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the Connecticut Rivers Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Since joining Kaman in 2008, Coogan has been responsible for external reporting and SEC compliance and was promoted to Assistant Vice President – SEC Compliance and External Reporting in 2013. He is a graduate of the Kaman Leadership Development Program.
“Jamie has been deeply involved with our external reporting and investor communications in his time with the company working closely with both Eric and me,” said Starr. “He brings to the role a strong accounting and financial reporting background along with a thorough understanding of our operations. These factors and the confidence of executive management make him an ideal fit to take on the responsibility to serve as our primary spokesman and point of contact with the investment community.”
Prior to joining Kaman, Coogan held positions with Ann Taylor, Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority and PricewaterhouseCoopers. He received his Masters of Business Administration from the Yale School of Management, and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Masters of Science in Accounting from the University of Connecticut.
- Erlanger Life Force to add sixth helicopter
- Japanese operator Akagi Helicopter acquires one H125
- German Air Force receives last H145M
- First-ever helicopter-based firing of High Energy Laser
- Bristow teams with Blade to provide cabin class service
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for Delivery of CH-53K spare parts and Labour
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Edmonton news helicopter celebrates 10 years
- OSS wins two year AW109 EMS contract in Tamil Nadu
- Ontario City looks at EMS helipad location options
- Paradise Helicopters under threat from neighbours
- Bristow starts construction of new facility at Lydd SAR base
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter